Who needs carbs and sugar at the Holidays when you have so many options to choose from…like pumpkin twinkies?
HEALTHIFIED PUMPKIN IDEAS:
1. Pumpkin Flan
2. Pumpkin Crisp (adapted from rhubarb crisp)
3. Pumpkin Twinkies (recipe below)
4. Pumpkin Scones
5. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (The Art of Eating Healthy: Kids)
6. Pumpkin Cheesecake
7. “Sweet Potato” Casserole (Nutritious and Delicious)
8. Pumpkin Donuts with Pumpkin Glaze
9. Creamy Pumpkin “Risotto”
|Preview of The Art of Eating Healthy: Kids|
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (or 1/2 cup coconut flour for nut free)
- 1/4 teaspoon Redmond Fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/3 cup Natural Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 3 large eggs (6 eggs and 1/4 cup unsweetened hemp milk if using coconut flour)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese (Kite Hill cream cheese for dairy free)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened macadamia nut milk (hemp milk if dairy free)
- 3 tablespoons Natural Sweetener OR a drop of stevia glycerite (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Twinkies: In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix butter, sweetener, eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon and extract until smooth. Stir wet ingredients into dry. Grease Twinkie pan. Spoon batter into the pan. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Cool and fill with cream filling.
- For the Mascarpone Cream Filling: Mix together until smooth (it will thicken overnight). Squirt into Twinkies with injector tool.
Testimony of the Day
“Hi, Maria! So far on your diet, I have lost 63 lbs in 14 weeks. I have a goal to lose about 100 lbs so the journey continues 🙂
I’m soooo proud of Andrea! Keep it going, girl! We are all cheering you on!
Click HERE to sign up and get the results like Andrea! You deserve it!