Stuffed Mushroom Casserole
My Stuffed Mushroom Casserole isn’t the most photogenic recipe, however, it will definitely impress you with the taste!
This Mushroom Casserole would be a fantastic recipe to serve as a side dish with your Thanksgiving or Holiday meal! I usually make my Mama Maria’s Stuffed mushrooms for our holiday meals, but I now serve my stuffed mushroom casserole!
I am always playing around in the kitchen. I love my stuffed mushroom recipe but I don’t like the process of stuffing the mushrooms. While we were in Hawaii, I had a bunch of mushrooms to make my Mama Maria’s Stuffed Mushrooms but I didn’t have a lot of time. I would rather be paddle boarding with the whales!
I decided to take a few short cuts when making my Stuffed Mushrooms and I made it into a mushroom casserole. I did this a few times and thought, I should tell all of you because I know you are all looking to make delicious food easier! It was just as delicious as a stuffed mushroom without the hassle!
The holidays can get overwhelmingly busy and often times you are looking for ways to make your life easier! I get it! I am always trying to simplify my life!
I once would make homemade bone broth every week, but I didn’t like the way it made my house smell and I didn’t like how it heated up the house.
Now, when I make my recipes, I just open up a box of Kettle and Fire bone broth! I feel happy that I am using a quality bone broth that uses only the top quality ingredients to I know I am feeding my family well!
I use Kettle and Fire bone broth in these Keto Thanksgiving recipes:
- The BEST Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Butter Lovers Turkey
- The BEST Turkey with Creamy Gravy
- My Carnivore Quiche
- Crunchy Top Fauxtatoes
- Cauliflower Gratin
- Green Beans with Chorizo Vinaigrette
- Keto Biscuits and Gravy
- Cauliflower Rice Stuffing
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Or pretty much any of my soups and sauces I use Kettle and Fire.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground pork (or beef) (I used Butcherbox Pork Breakfast Sausage)
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real Salt (use code Maria15 for 15% off)
- 1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons Asiago or Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 3 tablespoons beef or chicken broth (I used Kettle and Fire brand)
- Heat the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for 1 minute. Add the garlic and saute another minute or until onions are soft.
- Add the ground pork to the skillet and season with salt. Cook while crumbling for about 3 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms and cook while stirring often for about 2 minutes or until mushrooms are starting to soften.
- Add the cream cheese and stir well to incorporate. Add the Asiago and stir well. Once the cheese is melted, add the broth. Cook for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Top with additional cheese and serve!
447 calories, 36g fat, 36g protein, 6g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
✅ down 40 pounds
✅ down 8 inches around my waist (I HATED my bloated belly) and many inches everywhere else
✅ no more heartburn or stomach issues
✅ inflammation cooled
✅ skin glows
✅ energy up
I see before pictures like this and I remember how miserable and uncomfortable I felt. I was bloated, self conscious and unhappy. I hated taking pictures, especially of my body, so there are not many. I was robbing myself of life and joy with every bite of unhealthy food and drink I that I ingested.
One day I was sitting on my couch after dinner and I felt awful. I can remember the moment so clearly. I could have laid down and went right to sleep. I finally made the direct connection between what I was eating and how I was feeling and I said no more. But I was lost. Nothing made sense. I had tried so many methods and nothing worked. Then the universe set about to bring Maria and Craig Emmerich into my life.
It all started with the book Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on the Ketogenic Diet. I started reading and I got excited! Finally something that made sense!! I am so thankful for this blessing. It changed every single thing.
This way of eating gave me my life back and there is no greater gift than that.” – Jenny