The Best Turkey with Creamy Gravy
Thanksgiving is coming which means Turkey Time!
I have great news for you! You all know I despise going to the grocery store! I don’t like wasting time driving to the store and waiting in line. This is why I get just about everything mailed to my front door! Including my Thanksgiving Turkey!
Butcherbox is now giving a FREE turkey to new members! Current Butcherbox members will have the option to purchase turkeys as well!
Dates: October 16 – November 17
About Butcherbox Turkey:
- All-natural* young turkey
- *All natural: no basting ingredients, no artificial ingredients, minimally processed
- No preservatives
- No antibiotics ever
- Complete traceability to the farm
- Animal welfare certified
- IT IS NOT PASTURED
- 1 (12 pound) turkey
- Redmond Real Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 4 small sprigs thyme
- 10 slices bacon, diced
- 8 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (kite hill if dairy free)
- OPTIONAL: Serve with Cauliflower Mash (click here)
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey.
- Pat the turkey dry and season the outside and inside with salt and pepper.
- Place onions, celery, garlic and thyme inside the cavity.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Put the turkey on a rack set in a large roasting pan and tuck the wings under the body.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, reserving the drippings in the skillet.
- Add the ghee or butter to the skillet with the drippings and stir until melted, then pour into a bowl and stir in the juice of 2 lemons. Rub mixture all over the turkey. Place into oven for 30 minutes. After every 30 minutes, baste the turkey with it the drippings. Roast for about 3 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven onto a serving tray to rest for at least 25 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, pour the drippings, bacon and bites from roasting pan onto a blender. Add cream cheese and purée until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Slice the turkey and serve with the gravy.
- Store extra turkey and gravy in separate air tight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Turkey can be stored in the freezer for up to a month. Makes 9 servings (about ½ pound per person).
376 calories, 18g fat, 52g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Pam lost 130 pounds!!!
“I would like to thank Maria and Craig. In 2016, I was desperate. I was DOWN to 230 from 260+ but couldn’t lose more. I had tried every diet. At age 62, I had lost 100 lbs at least 4 times in my life (coming from an obese family). I needed a knee replacement and spinal lumbar surgery.
Then I started hearing about Keto and Maria Emmerich’s name popped up. I checked out her credentials and took a chance on a phone consultation. That started my new way of eating/life.
It was hard to change the way I saw food but, most of all, control my sugar addiction (which will always be a part of me). Honestly, there have been ups and downs. Sometimes, I’ve had periods of childish resentment, wanting to have unlimited sweets 24-7. That ended up with a 75 lb gain before I wrestled control back from my addiction. You learn a lot from these set-backs! Addiction never goes away.
But back to the point, Maria gave me all of the knowledge and support that became the basis for my Keto way of life. To this day, it still helps me weed through the true and false info I read on line! I love how she has Keto community spirit! My current weight is 123 lbs, ht is 5’3”, BMI 21.8. I take less medication. No longer pre- diabetic.
Thank you. You changed my life. God bless!” – Pam