Hot Dog Spiders
My son Kai’s birthday is October 21st and his favorite holiday is Halloween!
I love to make fun healthy Halloween Food for my keto kids! I hope they remember the special little details when they grow up!
I often get asked if my kids are keto. Yes they are and they LOVE the food! Especially when you can have a bacon burger made into Hot Dog Spiders! Whether you are a keto kid or a keto kid at heart, these hot dog spiders are delicious and fun to eat at any age!
Often times when we think of Halloween, our minds automatically go to candy and chocolate! We still celebrate and enjoy Halloween without the sugar and so can you!
We are often told to see food as fuel and nothing else, but food is more than that. Certain foods trigger memories and emotions. It isn’t bad to enjoy food, my goal is for you to enjoy and fall in love with ketogenic foods so you can not only nourish your soul but nourish your body. Click HERE to find more Healthy Keto Halloween Recipes!
Click HERE to subscribe to our keto YouTube Channel and tell your friends! Its a FREE and fun way to learn keto!
It is hard to find bacon and hot dogs without sugar and if you do, it is really expensive! That is why I order Pederson’s Farms bacon and hot dogs! Click HERE to get sugar-free bacon!
- 4 sugar free hot dogs
- 4 slicessugar free bacon
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoonRedmond Real Salt (use code Maria15 for 15% off)
- SPIDER WEB SAUCE
- Primal Kitchen Sugar Free Ketchup (use code MARIA for 20% off)
- Yellow Mustard
- Whole Peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the hot dogs lengthwise into 8 long strips (for the spider legs).
- Place a piece of bacon onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Take ⅛ pound of beef season lightly with salt. Divide the beef into 2 balls and make 2 inch thin patties.
- Place one patty onto the center of the bacon. Place the ends of 4 hot dog spider legs into the hamburger patty facing one way and place the ends of 4 hot dog spider legs into the hamburger patty facing the other way. Top with the other patty and press to seal using your fingers. Wrap one end of the bacon around the top of the hamburger patty and tuck under the burger patty. Wrap the other end of the bacon around the patty and tuck under the patty to avoid the bacon curling up.
- Repeat with remaining hot dogs, bacon and hamburger. So you have 4 hot dog spiders.
- Slide the parchment onto a baking sheet with edges (there will be grease). Place into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile make the Spider Web Sauce. Place the ketchup into a small dish. Make a bullseye in the ketchup with the yellow mustard. Use a toothpick and make 7 lines starting from the center of the bullseye and move the toothpick to the outer edge of the bullseye to make a Spider Web.
- Make eyeballs for the spiders by placing 2 dots of mustard onto the bacon where they eyes would be. Place a peppercorn into the center of each dot of mustard.
- Serve the warm hot dog spiders with the spider web dipping sauce.
- Best served fresh.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Getting sent testimonies like from families that are keto warms my heart SO much!
How has the keto diet changed your life?
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!