Protein Sparing Bread Flour and Protein Sparing Breading
I love how everyone is in love with my protein sparing bread as much as I have been for the past 15 years! It warms my heart!
Over 15 years ago I wanted a bread that was dairy free, nut free and high in protein to help me stick to my keto lifestyle and that is how I created my recipe for protein sparing bread. It took me years to perfect my protein bread recipe so it makes me sad when someone claims that this recipe is theirs when I have done these versions of it 10-12 years ago. With over 15 years to work with it, I have tried everything. Including making croutons and flour with it like in this recipe HERE over 11 years ago. I then used that flour in other recipes like THIS breaded coconut shrimp recipe from 2011. But it didn’t catch on and I thought it was too much work so didn’t make too many recipes using the flour. I made others like Pot Pie using the protein sparing bread. Others have added yolks to the bread like my original recipe stated to do HERE. All these variations are on my blog. Since the protein flour is getting attention again online, I thought I would resurrect this old recipe of mine!
Over the past 24 years of eating keto, I started doing “Pure Protein” days to help me lose weight. Pure Protein days are where you lower carbs and fat and focus on lean proteins. It helped me lose over 80 pounds and it is now helping my clients lose the stubborn weight that they have been struggling to lose! Today the clinical term for Pure Protein days is Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF), but I prefer my term of Pure Protein Day as I think it makes more sense.
That is why I wrote my protein sparing cookbooks! I want everyone to lose weight and feel great while eating delicious food!
My first protein sparing book is called The Protein Sparing Modified Fasting cookbook, my second psmf book is called The Art of Fat Loss (which is in Spanish and in French!). My latest protein sparing book is called The Pure Protein cookbook.
Thank you for your kindness and support!
Always look on the bright side! If you do not love the taste or texture of my protein sparing bread, use it to make this protein sparing bread flour! It makes the BEST protein packed breading!
My protein sparing bread Chex Party Mix also makes a flavorful protein breading!
Watch for more recipes using this amazing protein flour recipe!
NOTE: If you use my protein sparing bread recipe using allulose, the recipes you make with this breading or flour will get very dark. I personally only eat my original protein bread made with egg whites and salt.
- 1 loaf protein sparing bread (click HERE)
- 1 loaf protein sparing Wonder Bread (click HERE) *SEE NOTE
- 1 loaf Easiest Protein Sparing Bread (click HERE) *SEE NOTE
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon BBQ Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (for a protein sparing pie crust)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cube the protein sparing bread into 1 centimeter square cubes. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the protein sparing bread cubes are completely dry.
- Place the dried protein sparing bread into a blender or food processor (click HERE to find my FAVORITE blender that I use daily!), add seasonings if desired and pulse until the psmf bread is in a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- NOTE: if you use allulose, the recipes you make with it, will get darker.
44 calories, 1g fat, 9g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 9.0
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!