Protein Noodle Enchilada Lasagna
I’ve worked at restaurants since I was 15. The jobs were hard but I loved them! Opening a keto restaurant is a dream of mine! I’m thinking a lasagna restaurant or an Italian restaurant called Mama Maria’s!
At my Mama Maria’s restaurant I would have a lasagna section on the menu!
I have so many versions of my protein noodle lasagna that I would serve!
Here are some of my fan favorite lasagna recipes!
4. Protein Noodle Enchilada lasagna
I once adored going to Mexican restaurants for enchiladas (which is a huge hit in the book Keto Restaurant Favorites). But when Craig lost his job, and we couldn’t afford to go out to eat, I started cooking our favorite restaurant meals at home! Not only was it a great way to save money, but we both lost a lot of weight eating healthier versions at home!
Check out our favorite restaurant recipes made keto in my best-selling cookbook Keto Restaurant Favorites! Click HERE to find it on SALE!
If you want to watch me make delicious keto recipes subscribe to our new YouTube Channel to get updated when the video comes out which will be in a day or two, and comment below on what video recipe we should make next!
Click HERE to subscribe to our keto YouTube Channel and tell your friends! Its a FREE and fun way to learn keto!
I had ground beef in my freezer from Butcherbox to make this Protein Noodle Enchilada Lasagna and I want to tell you some GREAT news!
Right now you get FREE Ground Beef for LIFE when you sign up with Butcherbox now! Click HERE to check it out!
- 2 tablespoons duck fat, butter or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1½ teaspoons Redmond Real salt (use code Maria15 for 15% off)
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (or 1 head roasted garlic)
- 1½ cups chicken broth (I used kettle and fire brand)
- 28-ounces canned diced tomatoes (or tomato purée)
- 2 lbs. ground beef or ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (click HERE)
- 10 slices deli shaved chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Garnish with Avocado, cilantro and Cotija cheese
- Heat the fat to medium high heat in a cast iron skillet. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the broth and tomatoes/puree and simmer on medium high for 8 minutes. Use a stick blender to purée or pour sauce into a blender and combine until smooth and set aside.
- Place another tablespoon ghee or oil to the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the ground beef or ground chicken and season with taco seasoning. Cook for a few minutes while crumbling with a wooden spoon. Add reserved sauce and cover. Cook for 5 minutes on medium or until the beef/chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 5 slices of deli chicken in the bottom of a 9 inch cast iron skillet or casserole dish. Top with ½ the ground beef/chicken mixture, ½ the Monterey Jack cheese. Top with more deli slices, saucy chicken and cheese. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with slices of avocado, cilantro and Cotija cheese.
453 calories, 25g fat, 38g protein, 8g carbs, 2g fiber
P:E Ratio 1.2
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“WOW, I am absolutely blown away by what’s available on your website. You’ve probably heard this before, but the content is truly amazing!! I am very much looking forward to the coaches weekly webinars, you both offer so much knowledge in such a kind and generous way. Grateful for you both ” – Koreann
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!