Protein Sparing Churros
Who wants a guilt free protein packed keto churro? I do! I do!
What’s not to love about a churro? Especially when it is packed with protein and basically zero carbs! This recipe is allowed on my Protein Sparing Challenge (click HERE to learn more)!
I have many recipe testers and all of them thought my Protein Sparing Churros was the best protein sparing recipe ever!
You can either use my protein sparing bread recipe to make my healthy keto churros, or you can use my protein sparing angel food cake recipe. The angel food cake makes the churros sweeter, so it just depends on your preference.
To make the delicious chocolate sauce for my protein sparing churros, I used my favorite Primal Kitchen chocolate coconut collagen!
You are going to love this protein sparing churro recipe! Especially with them dipped in the delicious protein sparing chocolate sauce made with Primal Kitchen chocolate collagen.
To make my protein sparing churros, I fried them in Primal Kitchen avocado oil which works great for cooking!
I always have a bottle of Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil in my kitchen!
Primal Kitchen is SO generous that they are doing a special discount for all of my readers! Use code: Maria for 20 % off!
Protein Sparing Churros
PSMF CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or hemp milk if nut free
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Chocolate Collagen
- 1/4 cup Natural Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch Redmond Real salt
- To make the chocolate sauce, place the almond milk in a sauce pot over medium high heat.
- Once the almond milk is up to a simmer, remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate and stir well until chocolate is melted. Add the Primal Kitchen chocolate collagen, natural sweetener, vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days.
- To make the PSMF Churros, cut the protein sparing bread (or psmf cake) into 3 inch long, 3/4 inch wide churro shapes.
- Place the Primal Kitchen Avocado oil into a large cast iron skillet and heat to medium high heat.
- Once hot, add the protein sparing churros. Cook until golden brown, about 20 seconds (take care, depending on the temperature of the oil they can brown quickly), rotate and cook on all sides until golden brown. Add more oil if needed.
- Remove from heat and place onto a paper towel. Sprinkle with Swerve, cinnamon and a touch of salt.
- Serve the churros warm with the PSMF chocolate sauce!
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hello Craig, Maria, Kai and Micah!
My journey to a healthy sized body has been a long one. Always the fattest kid in grade school, high school, and college, my life was typically an unhappy one as a young adult.
I ate the standard American diet my whole life with bouts of diet struggles until I learned about 5 years ago that I was a sugar addict. My weight topped out at 260 lbs and at only 5’4” I was unhealthy to say the least.
Enter Maria, Craig and PSMF (protein sparing modified fasting)!
I feel better now at 71 than I have my whole life! I have energy & stamina that I never knew possible and cannot accurately express my gratitude! Thank you so much Maria and Craig Emmerich!” Janet
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!