My boys LOVE chicken wings and they LOVE football! We have been watching football here at the Keto Condo and were quite sad when the Packers lost! To cheer ourselves up, we created a delicious chicken wing recipe so for those of you wanting a perfect Super Bowl chicken wing, you must try these!
I was inspired by this Bloody Mary Chicken Wing recipe as I was waiting in the Minneapolis airport and the man next to me was served a Bloody Mary with a chicken wing in it! Looked delicious!
CHICKEN WINGS IN THE AIR FRYER
Cooking wings in the air fryer can be so delicious, you will never miss oil fried chicken wings again!
The trick is to start at a lower temperature such as 375 degrees F for 25 minutes and making sure to flip halfway through. The lower temperature allows the fat under the skin to gradually break apart. After the fat is broken apart, increase temp to 400 degrees F and cook for another 6-8 minutes to add that delicious crispy skin. You end up with a tender inside and a crunchy outside!
I am also very picky about using organic chicken wings, that is why I use Butcherbox Chicken Wings! ButcherBox chicken is USDA certified organic and free range.
If you are looking for more delicious air fryer recipes, check out my new Keto Air Fryer cookbook! Click HERE to find it on SALE FOR ONLY $16!!!!
Bloody Mary Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings or chicken drummies Click HERE
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce Franks brand preferred
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Celery sticks
- Additional hot sauce if desired
- blue cheese dressing Click HERE
- If using an air fryer, Spray air fryer basket with avocado oil spray and preheat to 375 degrees F. Or preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Click HERE to find the BEST air fryer!
- Place the tomato sauce and hot sauce into a small dish; stir well to combine. Place 1/2 of the sauce in a small dish for serving and brush the wings with the rest of the sauce.
- Place the celery salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine well. Season chicken wings on all sides with seasoning. Place the chicken wings in the air fryerin a single layer or on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Cook for 25 minutes at 380 degrees F. Flip the wings after 15 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, increase the temperature to 400°F and cook for 6-7 more minutes until the skin is browned and crisp.
- Serve wings with tomato on the side for dipping. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, place wings in air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes, then increase temperature to 400°F and cook for 3-5 more minutes until warm to your liking and crispy.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!