Do not be fooled by the Twinkie title! A Texas Twinkie is not a sugar-filled spongy dessert— it is a meat-lovers dream stuffed with all the good things in life.
This savory Twinkie is like a jalapeno popper made into a delicious keto meal!
My Texas Twinkie recipe was inspired my my other Keto Twinkie recipe (click HERE to find). Where I used leftover ribs for the wrapping, which is delicious, just a bit harder to wrap!
I also wanted to wrap my savory Twinkies in Chorizo Sausage since I had a package of Pederson’s Farms chorizo in my freezer. I love that I found Pederson’s Farms because none of their products have added sugar! Too often my boys want a simple meal of hot dogs, or Kielbasa and now I feel good about giving them organic sausages without any sugar!
It is hard to find bacon without sugar and if you do, it is really expensive! That is why I order Pederson’s Farms bacon! Click HERE to get sugar-free bacon!
If you want to get my favorite keto BUNDLE of meaty goodness from Pederson’s Farms, you get a great deal!
Maria’s Mind Body Health Bundle contains 10 of Pederson’s Natural Farms Whole30 Approved No Sugar Added products. Included with this bundle is:
- 1 package No Sugar Added Hickory Smoked Uncured Bacon
- 1 package No Sugar Added Smoked Kielbasa
- 1 package Uncured No Sugar Grass Fed Added Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 package Fully Cooked No Sugar Added Mild Breakfast Sausage Links (we pack these camping with us all the time!)
- 1 Uncured No Sugar Added Half Ham, Boneless and Spiral Sliced (I eat this daily diced into my scrambled eggs!)
- 1 package No Sugar Added Italian Ground Sausage (it is the ONLY Italian Sausage WITHOUT SUGAR! Perfect for my Protein Noodle Lasagna)
- 1 package No Sugar Added Chorizo (PERFECT FOR MAKING THESE TEXAS TWINKIES!)
- 1 package No Sugar Added Uncured Old World Kielbasa (SUPER delicious with my Sauerkraut!)
- 1 package No Sugar Added Uncured Hot Dogs (Made with Pork & Bacon)
- 1 package 100% Grass Fed Organic Ground Beef
Bundle is normally $225.00 but with code: MARIAEMMERICH it is only $161.00! Click HERE to get it!
Click HERE to subscribe to our keto YouTube Channel and tell your friends! Its a FREE and fun way to learn keto!
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature (or Kite Hill spread if dairy free)
- 4 small jalapeños
- ¼ teaspoon Redmond Real Garlic Salt (use code Maria15 for 15% off)
- 1 lb Pederson's Farms Chorizo sausage
- 8 slices thin cut Pederson's Farms bacon
- Primal Kitchen Sauces for serving (use code MARIA for 20% off)
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 375 degrees F. Remove the stems from the jalapenos and slice in half. Scoop out the ribs and seeds.
- Stuff each jalapeno slice piece with a few TBS of the cream cheese, sprinkle the cream cheese with Redmond Garlic Salt and place 2 halves of jalapeno together.
- Place about ¼ pound of chorizo sausage in the palm of your hand, and flatten the sausage thin and place a stuffed jalapeno in the center. Fold the sausage and around the jalapeno, forming an egg shape.
- Wrap with 2 thin slice of bacon to cover the entire egg. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place onto a baking sheet with rimmed edges (or bacon grease will get everywhere).
- Bake the eggs at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- We served ours with Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing and Buffalo Sauce!
688 calories, 59g fat, 34g protein, 2g carbs, 0.3g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria, this assessment has helped me more than any health care specialist I’ve seen or paid for, and it was worth every penny and more. I wish I’d known you guys sooner.
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!