Do not be fooled by the Twinkie title! A Texas Twinkie is not a sugar-filled spongy dessert— it is a meat-lovers dream stuffed with all the good things in life.
This savory Twinkie is like a jalapeno popper made into a delicious keto meal!
My Texas Twinkie recipe was inspired my my other Keto Twinkie recipe (click HERE to find). Where I used leftover ribs for the wrapping, which is delicious, just a bit harder to wrap!
It is hard to find bacon without sugar and when you do it is VERY expensive! That is why I order Butcherbox bacon! It is sugar free and it is mailed to my front door!
If you LOVE bacon like my son does, you are going to want to check this out! Perfect for making my Texas Twinkies!
Butcherbox is doing a special deal when you sign up now!
If you’re an existing ButcherBox member I’ve got deals for you too.
Skip the stores with all the temptations and get quality food mailed to your front door!
Click HERE to access member deals and specials. You’ll find exclusive and limited time offers as well as new product launches like lobster, ground bison, seafood sampler, cast-iron favorites, their legendary bacon blast (10 packs of bacon for just $5/pack), and so much more. Their member deals are constantly changing so be sure to click HERE!
Click HERE to subscribe to our keto YouTube Channel and tell your friends! Its a FREE and fun way to learn keto!
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature or Kite Hill spread if dairy free
- 4 small jalapeños
- 1/4 teaspoon Redmond Real Garlic Salt use code Maria15 for 15% off
- 1 pound sugar free chorizo sausage
- 8 slices sugar free bacon
- Primal Kitchen Sauces for serving use code MARIA for 20% off
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 375 degrees F (or oven to 425 degrees F). Remove the stems from the jalapenos and slice in half. Scoop out the ribs and seeds.
- Stuff each jalapeno slice piece with a few TBS of the cream cheese, sprinkle the cream cheese with Redmond Garlic Salt and place 2 halves of jalapeno together.
- Place about 1/4 pound of chorizo sausage in the palm of your hand, and flatten the sausage thin and place a stuffed jalapeno in the center. Fold the sausage and around the jalapeno, forming an egg shape.
- Wrap with 2 thin slice of bacon to cover the entire egg. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place onto a baking sheet with rimmed edges (or bacon grease will get everywhere).
- Bake the eggs at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- We served ours with Primal Kitchen Ranch dressing and Buffalo Sauce!
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria, this assessment has helped me more than any health care specialist I’ve seen or paid for, and it was worth every penny and more. I wish I’d known you guys sooner.
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!