Peanut Butter Biscotti
- 1/3 cup butter softened (or butter flavored coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1/3 cup Natural Sweetener (or Erythritol and 1/2 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups peanut flour Click HERE
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 bar The Good Chocolate chopped (Use Code MARIA to save 15%)
- 1 large egg yolks beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sweetener until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the peanut flour and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. The dough will be stiff, so mix in the last bit by hand.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate bar.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Shape into 9x2x1 inch loaves. Place onto baking sheet 4 inches apart. Brush with mixture of water and yolk.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm.
- Cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the loaves diagonally into 1-inch slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet, placing them on their sides. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until dry.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Phone Client TESTIMONY
“Before working with Maria, I had struggled most of my adult life with my weight. I had tried other plans, and they would work for a time and then once I went on my own, I fell back into the old patterns and the weight came back. In December 2012, I weighed 212lbs. I had been pushed into finding an alternative way to better eating because of some health-related issues in my family. My dad is diabetic and has had a couple of heart attacks. He’s been told that there’s nothing that they can do to repair his arteries. Of course, this gets me paying attention as I don’t want to head down that same path.
Maria was non-judgemental during this process. She was always providing me excellent resources to allow me to take this journey on my own once I got properly set up. When I was struggling she had tips for me. The videos that she’s created or the ones that she recommends were always timely and helpful. I have lost 35 lbs since working with Maria – and just 7 away from my original goal. I’ve chosen to take the longer path to success because I want to make sure that this weight stays off – for good. Eating food that tastes amazing has been the key to my success in being able to do this on my own. I’m a fussy eater, but also one who’s grown up in a practical environment.
The menus that Maria has created are based on food that I grew up on – not high-end fancy dishes that I don’t know how to pronounce. I have to say that that has made a huge difference for me – eating foods that I would have ate – just differently so that they’re healthy for me and keep me satiated. Maria has given me the tools and resources to be able to modify my own recipes in a ‘healthified’ way. Since losing weight, I am now able to fit into cute show clothes again, and I’m sure that I’m also much lighter for my horse’s sake :-)” –Janice
To get started on your before and after photo collage, click HERE.