Do you or someone you know suffer from an auto immune disease? My client, who suffers from alopecia (auto immune disease where you lose all your hair) had no hair when I first met her. Well, she showed up today with a surprise! She took her hat off for me and “TADA!”She thought I was crazy when I told her that she had a food allergy causing her to lose her hair. She is a total believer now! She was so excited that she had her first hair cut in over 10 years!
If you or someone you know is interested in getting on the right path, please CLICK HERE for a consult.
Do you know anyone suffering from Alzheimer’s? How is your memory? Do you only eat egg whites? If you are, you are skimping on an essential mineral called CHOLINE! Egg yolks are filled with this vital mineral.
Choline is a chemical similar to the B-vitamins and serves many functions in our bodies:
1. Composes the structure of cell membranes, the flexibility and integrity depend on adequate supplies of choline.
2. Protects our livers from accumulating fat. 77% of men, 80% of postmenopausal women, and 44% of premenopausal women developed fatty liver when they ate a diet deprived of choline. (Premenopausal women were not as affected because choline can be made by our bodies from the synthesis of phosphatidyl-choline, which is regulated by estrogen from our ovaries).
3. It is the precursor molecule for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which I write a whole chapter on in Secrets to Controlling Your Weight Cravings and Mood. This is a neurotransmitter that carries messages from and to nerves, acetylcholine is the body’s primary chemical means of sending messages between nerves and muscles.
4. Because of rapid development in fetuses and infants, we have a great need for choline in our early lives. Human milk has high levels of choline. Studies prove that mothers who don’t consume enough choline have babies with less brain development and poorer memories after birth.
I know, I know, you are asking, “Well, how many eggs can I have in a day? What about the cholesterol in the yolks?” When most people hear “cholesterol,” they think “bad.” Like most things in life, the reality is more complex. First off, I am talking about using farm-fresh, free-range, omega-3 filled eggs. Yes, they cost more, but I don’t need to buy Choline or Omega 3 supplements…I just spend my money on quality food!:)
Cholesterol is more of our “fire-fighters” that come in to put out the inflammation going on in our body. If your cholesterol numbers are high, you have inflammation going on. What can cause inflammation?
1. Too many Omega 6 fatty acids (omega 3 imbalance)
2. Low-fat dairy products (oxidized milk solids added to skim/1%/2% milk)
3. Processed-prepackaged foods
4. Food Allergies/Sensitivities
5. Alcohol consumption
6. Too much fructose in the diet (Agave, HFCS, JUICE (even 100% natural juice)So instead of forcefully pushing cholesterol down with statin drugs, focus on what is causing the inflammation. People whose diets supplied the highest average intake of choline (egg yolks), have levels of inflammatory markers at least 20% lower than people with the lowest intakes, reports the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Detopoulou P, Panagiotakos DB, et al.) Chronic inflammation has been linked to a wide range of conditions including cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s, heart disease, osteoporosis, and type-2 diabetes.
1 cup coconut oil or butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup erythritol (or Swerve)
1 tsp stevia glycerite (omit if using Swerve)
4 (1 oz) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
1/2 cup Just Like Sugar (or Swerve)
1 tsp stevia glycerite
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
CRUST: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pie pan. In a medium bowl, mix ingredients. NOTE: Just Like Sugar is 96g fiber/cup; do not add to “melted” butter. This will cause it to gel up and get hard. This will be a thick pie dough, press onto bottom of pie pan. Place in oven to pre-bake the crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
FILLING: Cream butter in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in the sugar with an electric mixer until light colored and well blended. Stir in the thoroughly cooled chocolate, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes on medium speed after each addition. Spoon the chocolate filling into a cooled, baked pie shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 12 servings.
DAIRY FREE WHIP CREAM: Chill a can of coconut milk, then scoop out the coconut fat that separates out and solidifies(leaving the watery liquid behind), and whip it just like whipped cream. Or use coconut cream, click HERE to find.
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Traditional French Silk = 478 calories, 34g fat, 4g protein, 42g carbs, 1g fiber (41g net carbs)
“Healthified” French Silk = 360 calories, 37g fat, 5.2g protein, 5.7g carbs, 3g fiber (2.7g net carbs)