I grew up working at coffee shops starting at the age of 15. I adored this job. I didn’t even mind getting up at 5am to make muffins, scones, cinnamon rolls and all the goodies for the day. I loved greeting the daily customers that came in for their mocha or a latte. I remembered how they liked their drink and often knew what time it was just by who I was making a drink for. I also grew a love for anything coffee flavored which leads me to my favorite dessert; tiramisu!
When I had my first bite of tiramisu, I was hooked! It was at a tiny pizza shoppe called Bambinos in Tomahawk Wisconsin. I thought it was a very hard dessert to make but it isn’t! You can find my traditional Tiramisu recipe in Keto Restaurant Favorites cookbook but if you want to make a Tiramisu Fudge for the holidays, try this recipe! It is a hit with my boys who are traditional Ethiopians and LOVE coffee!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz mascarpone (or cream cheese), softened
- ¼ cup decaf espresso
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners
- 1 tsp stevia glycerite
- ½ tsp rum or Kahlua extract
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped fine
- CREAM LAYER:
- 1 cup mascarpone (or cream cheese), softened
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners
- ½ tsp rum or Kahlua extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place a piece of parchment paper into an 8x8 inch pan.
- Grease the parchment lightly for easy removal.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the heavy cream, mascarpone, espresso, natural sweeteners and extract.
- Bring to a light simmer then remove from heat and add the finely chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth and the chocolate is totally melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly to the edges. Place pan into the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place softened mascarpone in a small mixing bowl. Stir in natural sweeteners and extract.
- Remove chocolate layer from freezer and mascarpone layer overtop, spreading to the edges. Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours or overnight. Cut into 24 squares.
145 calories, 14g fat, 2g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
30 Day Accelerated Testimony: “Hi Maria! I wanted to let you know that yesterday was my 30 day mark on your plan. I lost 15 pounds!!! I am in full ketosis (per blood test)! I have also been intermittent fasting without even trying to — I’m just not hungry.
This is a first for me — to “not” be hungry. On every fad diet I’ve been on, I’ve always been “hangry” and never stuck with it. Your keto plan keeps me full and happy. I am thrilled! I am down one full pant size and am wearing shirts I haven’t worn in a very long time because they were too tight. I am going into another 30 day round with some huge obstacles coming up that I plan to continue keto-ing through — two family vacations in four weeks! Fingers crossed I can stay strong! Thank you!!!!!” – Amara
Another Testimony of the Day