I LOVE a great surf and turf recipe! Especially with a lot of bearnaise or hollandaise! This Steak Oscar was so delicious and quite simple to make!
I also love that I can just take a steak out of my freezer and make a delicious meal! I always have a freezer filled with steak and my favorite seafood! I rarely go to the store because I have food mailed to my front door! I can save time and focus on enjoying things I love to do like spending time with my boys!
- ButcherBox Salmon is wild-caught and sustainably harvested in the pristine waters of Bristol Bay, Alaska.
- ButcherBox Beef is 100% grass-fed, grass-finished and raised free from antibiotics and added hormones. It is also humanely raised and certified pasture raised.
- What is ButcherBox: high quality meat delivered to your door… easy and convenient. We carry humanely raised 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage breed pork, and wild-caught Alaskan sockeye salmon all free of antibiotics and added hormones.
I love serendipity! I have many recipe testers that I have had for years and I trust them entirely. So when people ask to be my recipe testers, I usually thank them but say I have enough testers.
One of my Keto Coaches, Jenny, asked to be a recipe tester. Since I have gotten to know Jenny through my Keto Coaching program and knew she was a great Keto Coach and trustworthy, I sent her a few recipes to try. I always ask testers to send me a photo of the finished product. They can be simple photos taken from their phone but I like to see their finished product. Well, Jenny emailed me the most LOVELY photos ever!!!! This Steak Oscar photo is taken by Jenny! Isn’t it lovely????
Jenny is not only a fantastic photographer, she is also an amazing Keto Coach! If you are looking for a great keto coach, click HERE to find her website!
You can also become a successful Keto Coach like Jenny! My next semester sign ups start today!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- 4 8-ounce beef tenderloin filets
- Fine grain sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or tallow
- 18 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- To make the bearnaise, place the egg yolks and the coconut vinegar into a blender and pulse to blend. With the blender running very very slowly drizzle the butter until thickened. Stir in the tarragon and season with salt.
- To make the steaks, season filets on all sides liberally with salt.
- Heat a cast iron with bacon fat over high heat. Once hot, place filets in skillet and sear for 4 minutes on each side. Lower heat to medium and use a meat thermometer and cook to 130 degrees for medium rare or 140 for medium. Remove from skillet and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While filets are cooking, make the asparagus. Place water in a large skillet that is 1 inch deep. Add 2 tablespoons salt. Bring salted water to a boil. Add asparagus in one layer. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes for medium and 7 minutes for jumbo. Drain, and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt, and top with a pat of butter.
- To make the crab, melt 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Toss crabmeat in butter just long enough to heat it, being careful to not break it apart.
- To assemble, place filets on serving plates. Spoon sauce over steak, top with crabmeat, and serve with asparagus.
- Best served fresh.
947 calories, 79g fat, 56g protein, 4g carbs, 2g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“On Saturday, I had the pleasure of meeting Maria here in WI.
It was great to be able to thank her in person for the guidance, recipes and support she provides to everyone. I hit my one year mark in September and I have yet to post any pictures of my progress.
I know my body is still healing but I’m proud of how far I have come. Today I am feeling empowered to share my before and now pictures. Maria Emmerich … I’m not quite half the size that I started at but I’m feeling like I am.
Thank you so much for your praise and encouraging words today. My heaviest weight 230 current weight 153 – 1 year Keto” – Mary
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!