Protein Sparing French Toast
Does anyone else LOVE breakfast for dinner???
I always loved Brinner! My favorite breakfast for dinner was French Toast!
To make my delicious protein sparing French Toast, I added Wholesome Yum Allulose to make the protein sparing bread!
Allulose is a natural sweetener with zero calories and has no impact on blood sugar. Many people prefer this as their keto sweetener because it tastes just like sugar!
My boys LOVE Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup! It is the only keto-friendly syrup I recommend and it is the only keto syrup I will use on my protein sparing French Toast! Too often keto syrups have fibers and other ingredients that can hold my clients back from weight loss and healing.
I only use Wholesome Yum brand of allulose for many reasons!
Wholesome Yum has the best quality natural sweeteners. Wholesome Yum also doesn’t use harmful additives like some brands! I also love Wholesome Yum because they are also a kind small family-owned business. You all know I love supporting small business!
Click HERE to learn more about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting.
- PROTEIN SPARING BREAD:
- 12 egg whites (separated from whole eggs)
- ¼ cup Wholesome Yum powdered Allulose
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar (to help stabilize the whites)
- 1 cup Jay Robb unflavored egg white protein
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- FRENCH TOAST DIP:
- 12 egg whites (or 4 whole eggs and 1 cup unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- Few drops liquid stevia (I used Maple Stevia)
- Wholesome Yum Allulose Syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Separate the eggs (save the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add the allulose, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the Jay Robb egg white protein powder into the whites.
- Grease a bread pan with Primal Kitchen Avocado oil spray and fill with protein sparing Wonder Bread mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn oven off and leave bread in the oven for 15 minutes to avoid the bread from falling.
- Let completely cool before cutting or the bread will fall. Cut into slices.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- To make the Protein Sparing French toast, in a medium shallow dish, place the egg whites, almond milk if using (see NOTE), vanilla, cinnamon, salt, stevia and mix with a fork to combine well.
- Spray a a quality non-stick skillet with avocado oil spray and heat to medium high heat.
- Dip a slice of Protein Sparing bread into the almond milk mixture, flip the bread in the mixture to coat both sides. Gently lift the bread out of the mixture and onto the hot skillet. Cook on one side for 2 minutes, flip and cook another minute or two, until both sides are golden brown. Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining slices of bread. Serve slices with Wholesome Yum Allulose syrup!
- Best served fresh. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
66 calories, 0.1g fat, 14g protein, 1g carbs, 0.1g fiber
P:E Ratio 14.0
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I took your advice! Maria, this is unbelievable! I have lost 4.2 lbs off the scale in a week. Whaaaaat?! Now, I’m not super overweight. I’m 5’7” 146.2lbs and 48 years old. I’m SURE some of it must be inflammation because my feet are feeling better.
These tweaks have made a BIG difference in how I feel this last week. I still eat PSMF bread daily, I still use my vanilla stevia drops and an occasional Zevia soda to help with sweet tooth and cravings. But dang, after two years, I feel like I’m really dialing in on what I need for health growth in this season.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!“ Kate
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!