I can’t believe my baby boy is turning 10 years old today!
We named him Kai because it means ocean in Hawaiian. I find names interesting and how we often become what our name means. Kai is one with the ocean. He will swim in the Maui ocean all day! He loves it!
Kai also makes me laugh everyday! He is my little goofball that knows how to make anyone happy!
I asked Kai what flavor of cake he wanted for his birthday and he said, “Mom, I want a meat cake!” He is quite the Keto Kid! He doesn’t have a huge sweet tooth and prefers savory foods.
I thought a meat cake was a great idea! We all love meatloaf, so I made my fan favorite Swedish Meatloaf (with a few adaptations) into a meatloaf cake!
I wanted to make a cuter Halloween Meatloaf Cake, but Kai wanted a spooky one with the ketchup for the blood. He is a typical boy! No matter how much of a sweetie pie he is, boys love spooky looking cakes! So I made this meat cake extra spooky for him!
He also LOVES Primal Kitchen Ketchup and since I’m not a fancy artist, I used the ketchup to make a spooky Halloween cake that was really easy!
If you are looking for a delicious cake to serve at (next year’s) Halloween Party, I highly suggest making this amazing Meatloaf Cake! The leftovers are even better!
I also made Meatball Cake Pops that I will post next week!
Happy Halloween my keto friends!
- 3 pounds ground beef 85% lean
- 1/2 pound ground pork or more beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons Redmond Real salt plus more for seasoning sauce (use code Maria15 for 15% off
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- FOR THE "FROSTING"
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 8 ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup beef bone broth I used Kettle and Fire brand
- FOR THE BLOOD
- Primal Kitchen Ketchup use code MARIA for 20% off
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, egg, tomato sauce, onion, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Line an 8 inch, 6 inch and 3 inch cake pan with parchment paper and place mixture into the pans.
- Place in the oven and cook the 3 inch meatloaf cake for 15 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Cook the 6 inch meatloaf cake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Cook the 8 inch meatloaf cake for 45-55 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Place the butter in a saucepan and heat until the butter sizzles and brown flecks appear, stirring constantly to keep the butter from burning. Reduce the heat to low. Whisk in the cream cheese and broth. Use a stick blender to puree until smooth.
- When the meatloaf is done, remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for 30 minutes in the fridge, so the frosting doesn't melt when you place it onto the meatloaf cake.
- Once the meatloaf is cool, trim the top of the cakes so that they are flat on the top and bottom.
- Place the 8 inch meatloaf cake on the bottom of a serving platter and use a knife to cover with frosting.
- Place the 6 inch meatloaf cake on top of the frosted 8 inch meatloaf cake and use a knife to cover in frosting. Repeat with the 3 inch meatloaf cake.
- Place in the fridge to chill until serving.
- Just before serving, place a large knife into the center of the top of the cake. Pour the ketchup on the top of the cake and use a spoon to slide it down the slices to look like blood.
- To serve, reheat slices in a casserole dish in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.
449 calories, 36g fat, 23g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Thank you Maria for the very complete list of supplements. I was very impressed with the questions you asked on your questionnaire, and was even telling my husband that he needs to do it as well. I have been waiting for several months to purchase your Supplement Plan. I asked for it as my birthday present. My Keto journey started a little over a year ago when my father passed away from Alzheimer’s. Watching his mind deteriorate from the awful disease really pushed me into trying Keto.
My sister turned me on to your cookbooks. I immediately saw and felt a HUGE difference after eating your Keto recipes. I lost about 10 lbs, had more energy, and just generally felt better overall.
However, something was still missing, and the supplements you had me take finally fixed my thyroid and digestive issues.
Forever Grateful, V
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!
Click HERE to check out my NEW Keto Packages!
Your directions for the ‘sauce’ say . . . ‘Whisk in the cream cheese, broth, and cheese’. What is that final cheese? Your ingredient list only has the butter, cream cheese and beef broth. Thank you!
I fixed the directions above. Thanks!
After you cooked with Halley Berry, you used something on your face . . . it was red when you did a video. What did you use and will you share the information?
I have the details about the treatment here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGQhe21njW4
I really got the frosted pie mashed potatoes made with cream cheese. I think that’s what I would try.
Good idea! 🙂