Testimony of the Day
“2 years and eight months after switching to your high fat, low carb diet; I’ve just passed the 100 pounds lost milestone! My lipids are the best they’ve ever been, with nice large, fluffy LDL, low triglycerides, and rising HDL. My IBS is gone. I can finally enjoy outings with the family rather than being tied to the bathroom! I have another 100 pounds to go to reach my ideal weight, but I’m feeling pretty confident that I’ll get there in time.
I’ve been obese for 34 years. It is hard to believe it took over 30 years to find this kind of nutrition. Gary Taubes got me going with his books. It’s folks like Maria that keep me excited and inspired nearly three years into this. Thank you for bucking the status quo!”
If you too want to start your heal journey, click HERE for a consult. With the right diet and supplement plan, you can feel like a new person!
ONE POT MEALS
I am a huge fan of the television show Top Chef. In one episode they had Martha Stewart on and the “quick fire” challenge was to make a holiday meal but the trick was it had to be entirely in one pot. The contestants could cook something and empty the contents and re-use the pot, but it had to all be cooked in one vessel.
If you want to watch me make a healthy “risotto” on KARE 11 TV show, click HERE.
CLICK HERE TO FIND THE FOOD PROCESSOR I USE TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE (on sale today!)
Gourmet Mushroom Risotto
- 4 1/2 cups Cauliflower "riced"
- 3 TBS coconut oil or butter divided
- 1 lb Portabello mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 lb white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 shallots diced
- 1/4 cup organic veggie broth
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 TBS finely chopped chives
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place cauliflower flowerettes in a food processor and pulse until small pieces of "rice" (or use a cheese grater).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup broth to the "rice," and stir until the broth is absorbed. Stirring, until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Traditional Risotto = 438 calories, 17.1g fat, 11.9g protein, 56.9 carbs, 2.7g fiber (54.2 effective carbs)
"Healthified" Risotto = 264 calories, 17.1g fat, 11.9g protein, 13.5 carbs, 5.1g fiber (8.4 effective carbs)
For more awesome cauliflower recipe CLICK HERE.
Another Cute Testimony
“Hey Maria! I had a great happening today I wanted to share with you. To date I’ve lost 61 lbs which I got to enjoy sharing with my physician today at my annual check-up. The first 40 were lost with Weight Watchers but after plateauing for over a year (even after training for and completing a triathlon — working out 6x/week) I knew WW wasn’t the way for me anymore. Once I found you, the weight started coming off again and since June I have lost 21 lbs!
Anyway – I was telling my doctor about going sugar-free, grain-free and I was ecstatic to find our she’s an advocate of this diet, especially sugar-free! She asked me if I would come speak to her entire staff about my weight loss success with going sugar-free at a dinner she’s going to host (sugar-free meal of course), as a majority of her staff are struggling with weight and wanting to be a good role model in the health field. I plan to do it and of course will be singing your praises and advocating your blogs, books and services as a way to get started. I have 15 lbs to go to my original goal weight and I feel better than ever.
Thanks for all you do!” Amy