Testimonies of the Day
“Good morning Maria, I had to share some exciting news with you! This morning I weighed myself like I always so and for the first time in over three years, I weighed UNDER 200lbs. 199!!! It’s been three and a half weeks since I started eating your way and reading your metabolism book. I just got your HAQ assessment over the weekend and finally just got all the supplements in the mail yesterday. I have lost 24lbs in 3.5 weeks but most of all I feel incredible and have a healthy happy relationship with food that I have never had before. I know this is just the beginning, but I had to share my milestone with you! I had many days before I found you that I thought I would NEVER weigh under 200 again. You have given me hope and empowered me to take back my health. Thank you!! With my warmest regards, Shauna”
Another great Testimony
“Maria, I have been on your Accelerated Meal plan for almost THREE WEEKS now. I have lost about 11 pounds. I can almost zip my skinny jeans, so the inches are falling off. Thank you so much for changing my life, and changing my way of thinking and living.
The aches and pains are disappearing and I have been walking for 30 minutes each day for the last week. I will be 50 in a month and now I am not filled with dread, but filled with hope of healing! All of that to say I appreciate your help. I appreciate your wisdom, recipes, and advice. Have a great rest of the week! Donna”
There is no doubt that the most effective means of attaining weight loss is by means of maintaining a “healthified” diet program and having a regular exercising routine. A very effective weight loss supplement that can be used alongside is l-carnitine which is extremely beneficial in increasing weight loss by mobilizing fat in the body and increasing calorie burning. Discovered in 1905, it is a water-soluble, vitamin-like compound that is readily used in the body. Dietary carnitine can be found in a number of foods. The best source is meat, particularly beef, sheep, and lamb. Other animal foods such as cheese and poultry contain somewhat less carnitine.The function of carnitine is a bit complex. It is an amino acid which aids the breakdown of calories by shuttling fatty acids into the mitochondria which is our ‘fat-burning powerhouse’ in our body.
The American Chronicle states there is also another significant reason which makes carnitine stand out among the various other weight loss supplements. Carnitine has the unique distinction of keeping watch and restricting the accumulation of fat around the liver and heart.
This unique supplement also helps enhance muscle strength and aids in reduction of triglyceride levels in the body. Carnitine furthermore helps reduce irritability and anxiety which is a common side effect amongst dieters. This supplement can help increase your energy at same time suppressing your appetite. Also muscular fatigue is reduced, which can help you go longer and harder in your fitness routine.
Nutrition rich foods and animal protein can help to meet basic levels of nutrition in the body. A person who exercises regularly needs lot of carnitine for overall growth and development. One should replenish this supplement in the body before a deficiency is created. Carnitine is suggested by doctors to those who don’t consume adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins, and amino acids to make up for the deficiency. Deficiency of carnitine can lead to low energy levels and muscular weakness. Cramps and sudden weight gain are often a side effect of low levels of carnitine.
Cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and obesity are some of the diseases which can occur if long term deficiency of carnitine happens. Due to lack of animal protein in the diet of vegetarians they are most likely to suffer from a deficiency. Doctors consider it to be a very effective supplement for vegetarians.
In the past carnitine was thought to be involved only in the conversion of fat into energy, but scientists have since discovered that it has many far-reaching actions critically related to your appearance, performance and overall health and longevity. Carnitine has been proposed by doctors and scientists as a treatment for many conditions. To read more on who should take this and how much please check out the chapter on supplements in Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism.
Serve with apple iced tea and Protein Garlic Bread!
Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini and L-CARNITINE: Fat Burner!
- 2 packages Miracle Noodles OR Kelp Noodles or 4 cups zucchini into noodles
- 3 cups diced leftover turkey
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Optional additions: mushrooms peppers, onions, leeks
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 9×13″ casserole dish. Rinse Miracle Noodles under running water for a few minutes then pat them totally dry. OR Peel and cut zucchini into noodles using THIS tool: Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat cream, broth and egg on low. Add 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, poultry seasoning, garlic powder & pepper and stir until melted. Do not boil. Stir in frozen cabbage and turkey. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile (if adding), melt butter or coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, leeks and bell pepper and saute until tender. Then add to turkey mixture.
- Place noodles in the casserole dish. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Pour turkey mixture evenly over noodles and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil the last 10 minutes and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake 10 more minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Traditional Tetrazzini = 504 calories, 20g fat, 34g protein, 44 carbs, 1 fiber
"Healthified" Tetrazzini = 270 calories, 17.9g fat, 26g protein, 3 carbs, 1g fiber