KETO CAMPING FOODS
KETO CAMPING FOODS
I took my boys on a bunch of new camping adventures this summer and one of them was to Madeline Island. Once I set up the tent I remembered the last time I was here was when Craig and I were newlyweds and I made protein noodle lasagna to make over the campfire. I’ll never forget it because I put the glass pan over the campfire to heat it and the pan shattered into pieces!
But anyway, I wanted to write a post about camping because I get emails daily about people falling off the wagon because of vacations and not knowing what to eat. I hope this post inspires you to stick to this lifestyle.
Some of my tips for camping keto style are:
1. I crack eggs into Tupperware to avoid broken eggs getting all over the place. We usually have bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Other breakfast ideas (see photo collage below): sausage patties or sausage links, I made my hollandaise recipe ahead of time at home then reheated in a double boiler over the camp stove, Crio Bru for hot chocolate, bacon, and salmon sushi rolls (which was an easy breakfast on the last day so I could pack up while they ate).
2. I make homemade strawberry milkshakes in my blender at home to bring because I know everyone will be eating ice cream and milkshakes on the beach. This way, my boys get to enjoy a treat on the beach too! I pack them in glass jars to store in the cooler.
3. I pack packages of hamburger, my “healthified” taco seasoning, shredded cheese, sour cream and Pork Clouds. I grill up the hamburger with taco seasoning and we have Taco Night!
4. I pack Keto Bread in my cooler along with pizza fixings to make Pizza Hot Pockets over the fire. I also have packed cream cheese sweetened with Swerve as well as strawberries to make strawberries and cream Hot Pockets.
5. I pack this Tomato sauce for homemade ketchup
(I add a touch of sweetness and onion powder).
7. Other things I pack are: Butcher box hot dogs, Brats and sauerkraut, hamburger and Keto Buns for hamburgers.
9. I pack my chili in little kid thermos for our first day of hiking. You can reheat this tasty chili over the camp stove in a pot.
11. Homemade Root-Beer floats are always a welcomed treat!
2. I pack hand weights and ab roller so I can get a workout in. I haven’t been to the gym all summer! I hate being inside!
3. I pack probiotics for all of us!
Most of all, my tip is to have fun and explore!
Make everyday special!
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Update from John!: “I have lost 150 Lbs in the last year and a half.
My life is so different now, I had a son, after playing with him for 15 minutes I would need to sleep for 2 hours.
I had Sleep apnea, high blood pressure, my hands would hurt so bad I had trouble holding my phone.
I want to thank you, for all that you do.” – John