Paleo Egg Rolls
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
PHOTO TESTIMONY: “Ever since I hit puberty, oily skin and pimples have been a problem for me. During my teens and twenties, I tried so many different things from over-the-counter acne medications, like Oxy or Clearasil, to various prescription topical treatments. Existing pimples would dry up, but new ones were always ready to pop up in place of the ones that the medications got rid of. I was also left with a lot of scarring and discoloration. I remember comforting myself with the thought that I would eventually reach an age when my hormones would slow down and my skin would clear up. Imagine how bummed I was when I turned thirty and was STILL battling pimples. That’s when I decided to try Proactiv, which miraculously worked to keep my skin clear. However, there was a downside: the skin around my eyes and mouth became dry, itchy and flaky–all the time. So I debated, do I want pimples or patches of uncomfortable, dry skin? I went with the dry skin.
Fast-forward to about a month ago when I decided to stop using Proactiv and asked Maria what she used on her skin. Her answer? Nothing but water. I wondered if I heard her right at first. Just water? That’s right, just water. So we got to talking, and she explained to me that acne needs to be treated from the inside out and recommended that I check out her Acne and Skin Supplement Plan. I was nervous to go without the chemical-laden facial routine I’d become so accustomed to, but I’ve been eating the “Maria Way” for some time now and feel healthier by leaps and bounds as a result, so I decided to give her acne plan a try. The result? IT WORKS!
I have not applied a single Proactiv product to my skin in nearly three weeks, and my skin looks and feels better than it ever has. No more oiliness. No more dry patches. No breakouts. On top of all that, I experienced zero PMS this month (which has been a new issue for me for the last two years) and I have lost 2 pounds! When I mentioned the PMS and weight loss to Maria, she said it was a result of getting my estrogen levels in check with the supplements.
There are no words to express how grateful I am to Maria, so I have to settle for a big THANK YOU! : )” Kristie
Easter Bundle Sale
Here is a huge bundle of books, yoga DVD’s and much more that includes my Keto-Adapted. A great bundle of over 45 ebooks, MP3 audio programs, ecourses and meal plans. Over $1000 of value for just $37! JUST CLICK HERE to get the bundle. TODAY ONLY! (4-12-15)
FALLING OFF THE WAGON
Have you fallen off the wagon and are struggling to get back on? I know! I have been there too. This wasn’t easy for me. We were at a Chinese/Sushi restaurant the other night and I asked my husband “When was it, where I would see Egg Rolls and Crab Rangoon on a menu and not be tempted to order it?”
This isn’t an overnight process and it wasn’t for me either, but with time, I hated feeling yucky. I am not allergic to gluten but I sure did feel awful and moody when I ate that junk.
You deserve this! Do not feel like a failure! Just remember how you feel when you are following the diet and remember how you feel when you eat junk. Journal about how you feel after a binge and remember, I am here for you!
And I have to say, these egg rolls will hit the spot if a craving strikes!
- 40 slices proscuitto (I purchased from butcher)
- SkinnyFat MCT Oil for frying Or Coconut Oil
- NOTE: I clean oil with cheesecloth and save in fridge for frying in large jars
- 1 lb organic ground pork
- 2 cups shredded, diced cabbage
- 1 green onion diced
- 3 TBS Coconut Aminos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp Five Spice
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- SWEET n SOUR SAUCE
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners
- ½ cup coconut vinegar
- 2 TBS coconut aminos
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 1 clove roasted garlic (not raw)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Preheat fryer or oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground pork with shredded cabbage and green onion in a large skillet with coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, 5-spice and salt.
- Cook until meat is cooked through and cabbage is tender.
- Remove filling from heat.
- Lay one slice prosciutto on sushi mat (or parchment paper) lying vertical. Place 2 halves of the prosciutto in the middle portion of the prosciutto horizontal to make sealed edges on the egg rolls (see photo below). Spoon about 3-4 tablespoons of the filling into the center.
- Fold in the ½ pieces for the edges. Tightly roll up the long piece of prosciutto starting at the edge closest to you until rolled into a tight egg roll shape. NOTE: if the prosciutto rips, it is ok. It will seal when you fry it.
- Repeat until all are filled.
- Working in batches fry the egg rolls by placing the tightly wrapped roll seam side down into the hot oil for about 2 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Remove from oil and serve.
- SWEET n SOUR SAUCE: Heat the ingredients in a small saucepan until simmering. Whisk until smooth. If you want a thicker sauce, add ¼ tsp guar gum.
- OIL TIP: Once cool, strain the oil and store in mason jars in the fridge for future use.
Traditional Egg Rolls = 310 calories, 6.9g fat, 16g protein, 46g carbs
"Healthified" Egg Rolls = 153 calories, 9.8g fat, 12.5g protein, 4g carbs
(78% fat, 13% protein, 9% carbs)