Keto Egg Rolls
If you haven’t noticed, I do not allow advertising on my site.
I just didn’t agree with some of the products that were advertised. They were keto products, but they were unhealthy and I would never personally eat most of the products. It was hard to say no to blog advertisements; they pay thousands of dollars a month, but I just felt uncomfortable about having the products I didn’t recommend on my website.
Instead, I have created a shopping list where you can find all the healthy ingredients that are difficult to find in the grocery store (and if you do find them, they are often very expensive).
I have done a lot of detective work and found the lowest prices on for all of the healthy products I use and love. Everything from food, pantry items, kitchen tools, supplements, and skin products are on my list.
I rarely waste time in the grocery store because I find everything online for a way better price!
All you have to do is click on the words in my recipes and it will take you right to the correct item. If you add them to your cart I get a tiny commission that helps me afford to keep practicing recipes (Recipe experimenting can costing me a fortune!…but I love helping!).
I also have GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS on the list!
Happy Shopping and THANK YOU for all your support!!!
Have you fallen off the wagon and are struggling to get back on? I know! I have been there too. This wasn’t easy for me. We were at a Chinese/Sushi restaurant the other night and I asked my husband “When was it, where I would see Egg Rolls and Crab Rangoon on a menu and not be tempted to order it?”
This isn’t an overnight process and it wasn’t for me either, but with time, I hated feeling yucky. I am not allergic to gluten but I sure did feel awful and moody when I ate that junk.
You deserve this! Do not feel like a failure! Just remember how you feel when you are following the diet and remember how you feel when you eat junk. Journal about how you feel after a binge and remember, I am here for you!
And I have to say, these egg rolls will hit the spot if a craving strikes!
- 20 slices prosciutto
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Or Coconut Oil, for frying
- NOTE: I clean oil with cheesecloth and save in fridge for frying in large jars
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 cup shredded, diced cabbage
- 1 small green onion diced
- 2 teaspoons organic tamari sauce (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp Five Spice
- SWEET n SOUR SAUCE
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite (or equivalent)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Preheat fryer or oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground pork with shredded cabbage and green onion in a large skillet with tamari sauce, garlic, ginger, and 5-spice.
- Cook until meat is cooked through and cabbage is tender.
- Remove filling from heat.
- Lay one slice prosciutto on sushi mat (or parchment paper) lying vertical. Place 2 halves of the prosciutto in the middle portion of the prosciutto horizontal to make sealed edges on the egg rolls (see photo). Spoon about 3-4 tablespoons of the filling into the center.
- Fold in the ½ pieces for the edges. Tightly roll up the long piece of prosciutto starting at the edge closest to you until rolled into a tight egg roll shape. NOTE: if the prosciutto rips, it is ok. It will seal when you fry it.
- Repeat until all are filled.
- Working in batches fry the egg rolls by placing the tightly wrapped roll seam side down into the hot oil for about 2 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Remove from oil and serve.
- SWEET n SOUR SAUCE: Place the ingredients into a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil until thickened, about 5-8 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking; adding more sweetener or lime juice if desired. . If you want a thicker sauce, add ⅛ teaspoon gelatin.
- OIL TIP: Once cool, strain the oil and store in mason jars in the fridge for future use.
Traditional Egg Rolls = 310 calories, 6.9g fat, 16g protein, 46g carbs
"Healthified" Egg Rolls = 153 calories, 9.8g fat, 12.5g protein, 4g carbs
(78% fat, 13% protein, 9% carbs)
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria! You are a life-saver!
Ever since I hit puberty, oily skin and pimples have been a problem for me. During my teens and twenties, I tried so many different things from over-the-counter acne medications, like Oxy or Clearasil, to various prescription topical treatments. Existing pimples would dry up, but new ones were always ready to pop up in place of the ones that the medications got rid of. I was also left with a lot of scarring and discoloration. I remember comforting myself with the thought that I would eventually reach an age when my hormones would slow down and my skin would clear up. Imagine how bummed I was when I turned thirty and was STILL battling pimples. That’s when I decided to try Proactiv, which miraculously worked to keep my skin clear. However, there was a downside: the skin around my eyes and mouth became dry, itchy and flaky–all the time. So I debated, do I want pimples or patches of uncomfortable, dry skin? I went with the dry skin.
Fast-forward to about a month ago when I decided to stop using Proactiv and asked Maria what she used on her skin. Her answer? Nothing but water. I wondered if I heard her right at first. Just water? That’s right, just water. So we got to talking, and she explained to me that acne needs to be treated from the inside out and recommended that I do the Personalized Supplement Plan on Keto-Adapted.com so I did.
I was nervous to go without the chemical-laden facial routine I’d become so accustomed to, but I’ve been eating the “Maria Way” for some time now and feel healthier by leaps and bounds as a result, so I decided to give her acne plan a try. The result? IT WORKS!
I have not applied a single Proactiv product to my skin in nearly three weeks, and my skin looks and feels better than it ever has. No more oiliness. No more dry patches. No breakouts. On top of all that, I experienced zero PMS this month (which has been a new issue for me for the last two years) and I have lost 2 pounds! When I mentioned the PMS and weight loss to Maria, she said it was a result of getting my estrogen levels in check with the supplements.
There are no words to express how grateful I am to Maria, so I have to settle for a big THANK YOU! : )” – Kristie