Hi everyone! Today is a guest post by Kyndra from Peace, Love and Low Carb!
“I’d like to thank Maria for having me guest post on her site. She is such a gracious virtual host 🙂
There is just something so comforting about a slow cooker full of soup in the winter. Letting it cook all day as the delicious aroma fills your home and then enjoying a nice, hot bowl of soup in the evening… Perfection! This Creamy Reuben recipe takes a popular and classic sandwich and transforms it into a rich, creamy soup. My husband has been know to take down an entire slow cookers worth in a single day. This recipe has never been featured anywhere outside of my cookbook until now. This recipe and other delicious recipes like it, can be found in my cookbook.”
- 1 Medium Onion – Diced
- 2 Ribs Celery – Diced
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 1 lb. Corned Beef – Chopped
- 32 oz. Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Sauerkraut
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Caraway Seeds
- ¾ tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Cup Swiss Cheese - Shredded
- (2 Tbs. Peace and Love)
- Heat slow cooker on high setting.
- To a large sauté pan, over low-medium heat, add onion, celery, garlic and butter. Sauté until soft and translucent. Transfer to slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add corned beef, beef stock, sauerkraut, sea salt, caraway seed and black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4.5 hours.
- Add heavy cream and Swiss cheese and cook 1 additional hour.
1 Serving: 1 cup
Carbs: 4 net grams
Fat: 18.5 g
Protein: 11.5 g
(76% fat, 19% protein, 5% carbs)
And don’t forget to check out Kyndra’s website and Facebook page!