Hi everyone! Today is a guest post by Kyndra from Peace, Love and Low Carb!
“I’d like to thank Maria for having me guest post on her site. She is such a gracious virtual host 🙂
There is just something so comforting about a slow cooker full of soup in the winter. Letting it cook all day as the delicious aroma fills your home and then enjoying a nice, hot bowl of soup in the evening… Perfection! This Creamy Reuben recipe takes a popular and classic sandwich and transforms it into a rich, creamy soup. My husband has been known to take down an entire slow cooker worth in a single day. This recipe has never been featured anywhere outside of my cookbook until now. This recipe and other delicious recipes like it can be found in my cookbook.”
CREAMY RUEBEN SOUP by Peace, Love and Low Carb
- 1 Medium Onion – Diced
- 2 Ribs Celery – Diced
- 2 Large Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 1 lb. Corned Beef – Chopped
- 32 oz. Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Sauerkraut
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real salt
- 1 tsp. Caraway Seeds
- ¾ tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Cup Swiss Cheese - Shredded
- 2 Tbs. Peace and Love
- Heat slow cooker on high setting.
- To a large sauté pan, over low-medium heat, add onion, celery, garlic and butter. Sauté until soft and translucent. Transfer to slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add corned beef, beef stock, sauerkraut, sea salt, caraway seed and black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4.5 hours.
- Add heavy cream and Swiss cheese and cook 1 additional hour.
1 Serving: 1 cup
Carbs: 4 net grams
Fat: 18.5 g
Protein: 11.5 g
(76% fat, 19% protein, 5% carbs)
And don’t forget to check out Kyndra’s website and Facebook page!