Sugar Free Shamrock Shake
I once adored going to McDonald’s for a Shamrock Shake. But when Craig lost his job, I started cooking our favorite restaurant meals at home! Not only was it a great way to save money, but we both lost a lot of weight eating healthier versions at home!
Check out our favorite restaurant recipes made keto in my best-selling cookbook Keto Restaurant Favorites! Click HERE to find it on SALE!
FOR NUTRITIONAL BENEFIT add a few tablespoons Unflavored Collagen! Click HERE to order the collagen I love that has 0 carbs! Use coupon code: MARIAMINDBODY for 5% off
- ½ cup avocado
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or full fat coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (use code Maria15 to save), or other flavor like strawberry
- 2 TBS cream cheese OR KITE HILL dairy free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 4 TBS erythritol (or Swerve)
- 1 tsp stevia glycerite (optional)
- 1/4 tsp mint extract (or other extract like strawberry)
- ½ tsp Redmond Real salt
- OPTIONAL HEALTHY ADDITIONS:
- 1 TBS aloe vera (to heal the gut)
- 1 TBS l-glutamine powder (safe for all ages, it is found in baby formula)
- 1 TBS grass-fed collagen
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I use this BlendTec which is on sale now for $100 off!). Puree until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses.
- VARIATION: Use Strawberry protein powder, omit the mint and add strawberry extract.
- HELPFUL TIP: Adding citric acid (like lime juice) helps mask bitter flavors in foods.
McDonald's Shake = 680 calories, 20g fat, 14g protein, 111g carbs, 0 fiber
"Healthified" Shake (coconut milk) = 355 calories, 31g fat, 15 g protein, 8g carbs, 4.4g fiber (79% fat, 16% protein, 9% carbs)
"Healthified" Shake (almond milk) = 146 calories, 10g fat, 12g protein, 4.9 carbs, 2.8g fiber (61% fat, 32% protein, 13% carbs)
For Micah’s 3rd birthday party, I made Push Pops for everyone to enjoy!
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I hit my one year keto-versary! I’ve had Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and for years I suffered from unexplained weight gain, intense food cravings, sleep disturbances, anxiety & depression, brain fog, decreased motivation, debilitating joint pain with decreased mobility, irregular menses, gastrointestinal upset with heartburn, and low libido despite being in the prime of my life.
At 34-years-old, I felt completely helpless when my health continued to decline despite adding medication and being told lab work was ‘within normal limits’. I refused to accept this and spent the next 5 years researching and implementing multiple diet and exercise regimens that were not sustainable, to include dirty keto, which left me feeling defeated once more.
Finally, last year I came across Keto Adapted – Maria Emmerich and the principles of a clean ketogenic diet and she has changed my life!
Within 5 months, all of the symptoms listed above…..GONE,
and thyroid antibodies decreased from 800 to 86!
I cannot thank you enough for sharing this information, the world needs to know they don’t have to stay SICK!!!” – Sarah
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!