Protein Sparing Tortillas
Anyone else addicted to my protein sparing bread? I eat it daily! If you are addicted like I am, you are going to LOVE these protein sparing tortillas!
Even my children love my protein sparing tortillas and we love to fill them with my leftover taco meat for an easy lunch!
To make my protein sparing tortillas, I made them in my mini food processor which I love! If you do not have a mini food processor, you can use a hand mixer. Click HERE to find my mini food processor.
I’ve been making versions of my protein sparing tortillas and protein sparing bread for 15 years so I have A LOT of food hacks when making it that I want to share with you! ️
To make my protein sparing bread and protein sparing tortillas, I suggest to use real egg whites. Save the yolks to make my DELICIOUS keto ice cream! I also use boxed 100% egg whites and add those to the leftover yolks to make a yummy egg bake or scrambled eggs!
I also use the yolks to make mayo for protein bread tortilla wrap sandwiches, as well as hollandaise for eggs Benedict on protein sparing bread!
If you make these delicious protein sparing tortillas, make sure to tag me in your photos on Facebook and Instagram! They warm my heart!
Click HERE to learn more about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting.
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- Pinch of cream of tarter
- ⅛ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt (onion salt or garlic salt, if desired)
- 1 teaspoonpowdered Allulose
- 1 tablespoon unflavored egg white powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with avocado oil spray.
- Place the egg whites, gelatin, cream of tartar, salt and allulose in the mini food processor or a medium bowl.
- Turn the food processor on high (or hand mixer on high) and whip the whites until double in size and there are SOFT peaks. Add the egg white powder and blend until just combined. (NOTE: If you want a thinner wrap like EggLife wraps, just mix until combined then pour onto a pan and fry until cooked)
- Use a spatula to spread the mix out on the prepared baking sheets as thin as you can, about ⅛ inch thick.
- Place into the oven to bake for 6-8 minutes or until cooked though.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cool, gently peel the paper off.
- Use to filled with taco meat, seasoned chicken breast, shredded lettuce or whatever fixings you prefer!
- Wrap them up in foil for an easy meal on the go!
- OPTION: To have an egglife wrap consistency, just mix until well combined and fry like a crepe! This makes a thinner sturdier wrap like an egglife wrap. 🙂
56 calories, 0.1g fat, 12g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fiber
P:E Ratio 10.9
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!