Protein Sparing Pretzels
Craig and I are both German and German’s LOVE pretzels and mustard!
If you are loving my protein sparing bread recipe, you are going to love this protein sparing pretzel!
I posted a video making them on my Instagram wall @mariaemmerich if you would like to see me make these healthy protein packed pretzels!
I love a tender filet mignon, but I understand that somedays you want to hit your protein macro, but you aren’t feeling like meat!
Do not worry my friends! I have your taste buds in mind!
My protein sparing pretzel recipe is perfect for hitting your protein goal without adding fat!
To make these delicious protein sparing fry breads, I used Further Food gelatin!
Further Food gelatin is sourced from the highest quality, grass-fed, pasture-raised, hormone-free, and antibiotic free bovine.
Adding Further Food Gelatin works perfectly for making my protein sparing pretzel extra delicious and chewy!Do not skip adding the gelatin! It adds a chewy texture just like a real pretzel!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY is for 20% off site-wide !
- 6 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons allulose
- 2 tablespoons Further Foods gelatin (chewy texture)
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real salt, plus coarse salt for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon cream of Tartar
- 1/3 cup unflavored egg white protein
- Optional: Melted Butter
- Brown Mustard for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment onto a rimmed baking sheet and spray with Primal Kitchen Avocado oil spray and set aside.
- Separate the eggs (save the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add the allulose, gelatin, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the egg white protein powder into the whites. Do not over mix or it will end up like styrofoam.
- Spread the protein sparing pretzel mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until just starting to cook through. Remove from the oven and use a pizza cutter to cut into 1 inch thick strips. Gently use your hands to twist each strip into a pretzel shape and place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips of pretzel dough.
- Place back into the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until dark golden brown and cooked to your liking. Remove from oven.
- If desired, brush the tops of each pretzel twist with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve with brown mustard if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
62 calories, 1g fat, 14g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 14.0
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria and Craig, I wanted to thank you guys for your passion and dedication to my health. I began to dabble in the Emmerich way January 1st. Weighing in on that day I was 423 lbs. I started The 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse on January 7th. At the end of 30 days I weighed in at 385lbs so that was a 38lb loss.
The night before I moved to Dairy free PSMF I was 384.7. I started DF/PSMF on about 2/8 and this morning weighed in at 370lbs. So that is 53lbs since January 1st!
The support on keto-adapted.com is amazing. The food is amazing. The community you have built is amazing.
I love you guys. My family loves you guys. My kids (all 5 adopted) look forward to summer and getting back into travel. Thank you so much.” – David
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!