Protein Sparing Bread BLT Crostini
I love my protein sparing bread and I love a BLT! So I married the 2 recipes and created a delicious keto Crostini!
My recipe is perfect for a summer party!
One of my tips to make the keto lifestyle easier is to plan ahead! I always have my protein sparing bread in my freezer for easy meals! All I had to do was take the protein sparing bread out of the freezer and top it with bacon, lettuce and tomato!
HOW TO MAKE PROTEIN SPARING BREAD BLT CROSTINI
My recipe for protein sparing bread BLT Crostini is so easy! I keep extra protein sparing baguettes in the freezer all the time so all I have to do is open a jar of Primal Kitchen Mayo and a bottle of Primal Kitchen Olive Oil and I have a delicious BLT appetizer in no time!
You are going to love this protein sparing bread recipe! Who doesn’t love a BLT?
Primal Kitchen is SO generous that they are doing a special discount for all of my readers! Use code: Maria for 20 % off!
Protein Sparing Bread Crostini
PROTEIN SPARING BREAD:
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 3 slices sugar free bacon cut into 1 inch pieces and cooked until crispy
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 cup Lettuce shredded
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Separate the eggs (save the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add the allulose, gelatin, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the egg white protein powder into the whites.
- Place a piece of parchment onto a rimmed baking sheet OR Click HERE to find the baguette pan I used. Spray the parchment with Primal Kitchen Avocado oil spray and use a spatula to form 2 long baguettes shapes (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 12 inches long) with the protein sparing bread mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn oven off and leave bread in the oven for 15 minutes to avoid the bread from falling.
- Let completely cool before cutting or the bread will fall.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- To make the BLT Crostini, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice protein sparing bread into ½" thick slices.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place the Primal Kitchen Olive Oil into a small dish.
- Brush the olive oil on both sides of each piece of protein bread.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until golden and toasted, flip, and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until bread is crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with a smear of primal kitchen mayo, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and pieces of cooked bacon.
- Best served fresh.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Every morning when I get up I thank God for Maria and Craig Emmerich !
I will never be able to convey my thanks for showing me the way to lose weight. I tried every diet possible, I was in TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)at the age of 12, I tried WW, and a few other well known diet programs. None of them ever worked long term. I’d lose a few pounds and gain it right back.
Wish I could send you a huge bouquet of flowers Maria, but once again I will just send you my thanks and deepest gratitude!
I don’t have many pictures of myself at 420+ pounds. So I have to go way back to find pictures to share. Hit 200 pounds this morning. I have to say it feels unbelievable!” – Felicia