Protein Sparing Bagels
I remember my first bite of a bagel! It was at my Auntie Sherry’s house when I was 12 and it was love at first bite!
Creating a guilt-free bagel was something I wanted to create for a very long time and it is finally here! Even my husband was pleasantly surprised at just how good my protein sparing bagels are!
After I made my delicious protein sparing bagels, I didn’t want to put a fatty cream cheese on them. I wanted to keep the entire recipe protein sparing. So I quickly made a batch of my protein sparing sour cream (from Pure Protein Cookbook), which is all protein and I added a little cream cheese extract to the mixture and we all LOVED it!
Further Food gelatin and collagen peptides are both excellent sources of collagen. Both their Collagen & Gelatin are sourced from the highest quality, grass-fed, pasture-raised, hormone-free, and antibiotic free bovine collagen.
The benefits of collagen and gelatin are astounding! Just eating my delicious Protein Sparing Bagels helps support skin elasticity & hydration, longer hair & nails, stronger bones & joints, faster recovery between workouts, increased flexibility, improved digestion, and it even keeps you feeling full and satiated for longer!
Further Food Collagen Peptides dissolve instantly in any recipe, and Gelatin Powder naturally thickens recipes. It’s perfect for making dairy free ice cream, jello, sugar free gummies, no bake cheesecake, or panna cotta!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY is for 20% off site-wide !
Click HERE to watch a very helpful video on Protein Sparing and how to do PSMF properly and avoid the weight loss mistakes I see all the time!
- 6 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons allulose
- 2 tablespoon Further Foods gelatin (chewy texture)
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of Tartar
- ⅓ cup unflavored egg white protein
- Optional: Everything But the Bagel Seasonings
- OPTIONAL PROTEIN SPARING CREAM CHEESE:
- 1 batch protein sparing sour cream (from Pure Protein Cookbook)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 4-hole (4-inch) silicone bagel panwith Primal Kitchen Avocado oil spray and set aside.
- Separate the eggs (save the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add the allulose, gelatin, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the egg white protein powder into the whites. Do not over mix or the bagels will end up like styrofoam.
- Spread the protein sparing bagel mixture onto the prepared bagel pans. Top with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cook through and golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pans.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- NOTE: Toasting it makes it a more chewy bagel texture.
171 calories, 8g fat, 24g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 2.7
Nutrition (Bagel only):
68 calories, 1g fat, 15g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 15.0
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Every morning when I get up I thank God for Maria and Craig Emmerich !
I will never be able to convey my thanks for showing me the way to lose weight.
I tried every diet possible, I was in TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)at the age of 12, I tried WW, and a few other well known diet programs. None of them ever worked long term. I’d lose a few pounds and gain it right back.
Wish I could send you a huge bouquet of flowers Maria, but once again I will just send you my thanks and deepest gratitude! I don’t have many pictures of myself at 420+ pounds. So I have to go way back to find pictures to share. Hit 200 pounds this morning. I have to say it feels unbelievable!” – Felicia
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!