Keto Hot Fudge Sundae
I grew up in a small town in North-central Wisconsin called Medford. We had a cute ice cream shop called Tasty Treat. When I was little we had a huge garden and my parents would treat us to ice cream at Tasty Treat on Friday night if we would help pick weeds.
We are often told to see food as fuel and nothing else, but food is more than that. Even at the young age of 2 ½ my son who first came into our life from Ethiopia demonstrated how food is more than just nourishment. I have videos of him as I am preparing dinner. He would jump into his booster chair, buckle in and start to sing. It wasn’t because he was getting a chicken nuggets, Kraft macaroni n cheese or a bowl of ice cream. I was making my Protein Noodle Lasagna and he sang at the top of his lungs because it was meal time. Food is pleasure, food is love, food should also be nourishing and that is why I love to make healthy keto treats like a keto hot fudge sundae. It is filled with pleasure, love and it is delicious!
It isn’t bad to enjoy food, my goal is for you to enjoy and fall in love with ketogenic foods so you can not only nourish your soul but nourish your body.
Looking for an extremely low carb nut? Only 1g carb per serving! Click here to get a great sale!
Use code MARIA10 at checkout and get a great discount! I always pack them when I am on an adventure!
- ICE CREAM:
- Click HERE to find my keto vanilla ice cream recipe
- HOT FUDGE:
- ¾ cup heavy cream (or full-fat coconut milk if dairy-free)
- ¹⁄₃ cup Swerve confectioners
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh Whipped Cream (sprayed from whipped cream canister)
- Crushed Pili Nuts (or almonds or peanuts)
- While the ice cream is churning, make the hot fudge.
- To make the hot fudge sauce, place the heavy cream, sweetener, and chopped chocolate in a double-boiler or in a heat-safe bowl over simmering water. Heat on low heat while stirring just until the chocolate melts, then remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla. Slide the pot off the heat and allow to cool for a few minute before serving over ice cream.
- To make whipped cream, place 1 cup heavy cream in a whipped cream canister and add 2 tablespoons of Swerve confectioners or ¼ teaspoon of stevia glycerite to sweeten. Seal and shake well. Spray on top of hot fudge sundae and top with Pili Nuts for garnish.
210 calories, 21g fat, 3g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“I have always struggled with my weight. At 28, I can say I tried every fad diet out there. Now with the help of Maria Emmerich and Craig Emmerich, I am half way to my goal weight. Left I was over 300 pounds at my brothers wedding and on the right i am 236. Still a ways to go, but I know I got this now and can live this way for the rest of my life. Everyone notices how much happier I am and it’s true! Love the Emmerich Keto way!
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto School!