Croque Monsieur Protein Bread Pudding
Easter is coming! I love Easter brunch and the past few years it always includes a recipe using my protein sparing bread! This year I am making my protein sparing bread Croque Monsieur Bread Pudding!
Croque Monsieur bread pudding is filled with ham, Gruyere cheese, onions, garlic and thyme.
My son Kai did not want to be the taste tester for this but once he took a bite, he quickly asked for a large piece!
HOW TO MAKE PROTEIN SPARING BREAD CROQUE MONSIEUR BREAD PUDDING
To make my protein bread for Croque Monsieur Bread Pudding, I used Further Food Gelatin!
Further Food gelatin and collagen peptides are both excellent sources of collagen. Both their Collagen & Gelatin are sourced from the highest quality, grass-fed, pasture-raised, hormone-free, and antibiotic free bovine collagen.
The benefits of collagen and gelatin are astounding! Just eating my delicious Protein Sparing Bread helps support skin elasticity & hydration, longer hair & nails, stronger bones & joints, faster recovery between workouts, increased flexibility, improved digestion, and it even keeps you feeling full and satiated for longer!
Further Food Collagen Peptides dissolve instantly in any recipe, and Gelatin Powder naturally thickens recipes. It’s perfect for making my protein sparing bread have a chewy bread texture! It also makes dairy free ice cream, jello, sugar free gummies, no bake cheesecake, or panna cotta!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY is for 20% off site-wide !
Click HERE to get the deal!
Croque Monsieur Protein Bread Pudding
CHEWY PROTEIN SPARING BREAD:
- 12 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons allulose
- 4 tablespoon Further Food gelatin
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of Tartar
- 2/3 cup unflavored egg white protein
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored coconut oil or butter
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme roughly chopped fresh thyme leaves plus one teaspoon for garnish
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Spray
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup beef broth or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce plus more for serving if desired
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Redmond Real salt divided
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 pound extra lean ham cut into 1/2-inch dices
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Separate the eggs (save the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large CHILLED bowl or stand mixer (if the bowl is warm, it activates the gelatin and will gum up). Add the allulose, gelatin, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the egg white protein powder into the whites.
- Note: If adding yolks, lightly combine. But note, the yolks will increase fat and can increase likelihood of falling.
- Grease a bread pan with avocado oil spray and fill with Chewy Protein Sparing Bread mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn oven off and leave bread in the oven for 15 minutes to avoid the bread from falling.
- Let completely cool before cutting or the bread will fall. Cut into cubes and set aside.
- To make the Croque Monsieur Bread pudding, place the butter flavored coconut oil into a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and saute another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the eggs, cream, broth, Dijon, hot sauce, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Spray avocado oil spray into a 11 by 7 inch baking dish. Place half of the cubed bread into the dish. Top with half of the shredded Gruyere cheese, diced ham and half of the onion mixture. Repeat with another layer of bread, cheese, ham and onion mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the dish to cover the bread. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan on top and increase the temperature to 375°F. Bake for another 15 minutes or until Parmesan is golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with hot sauce if desired.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!
Click HERE to check out my NEW Keto Packages!