Cream of Broccoli Soup
Here is a great alternative to the goo that plops out of an aluminum can that Campbell’s refers to as Cream of Broccoli Soup. Have you checked out the ingredients on the can? Yuck!
I have seen many different recipes to make a creamy Cream of Broccoli Soup and many use a potato for a thickener. Instead of a starchy potato, I used an avocado for my creamy soup recipe. It not only gives this soup a fantastic texture, it also tastes amazing!
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup diced onion, diced
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sautée gently until softened and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, broccoli and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 13 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool a bit before pureeing it. Working in batches, place the ¼ of the avocado and ¼ of the soup into a blender and puree until very very smooth. Repeat with remaining avocado and soup.
- Place soup back into the pot and whisk in heavy cream. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Do not boil. Whisk in sour cream and stir until well combined.
- Serve with a broccoli flowerette or a tablespoon of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese or a dollop of sour cream.
250 calories, 20.2g fat, 6g protein, 11.5g carbs, 4.5g fiber
72% fat, 10% protein, 18% carbs
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
I love getting tagged in testimonies like this!
Check out my website keto-adapted.com for personalized help on questions, live weekly webinar meetings, workout videos, cooking videos, personalized meal planning and macros as well as much much more!