Collagen Shamrock Shake
I once adored going to McDonald’s for a Shamrock Shake. But when Craig lost his job, I started cooking our favorite restaurant meals at home! Not only was it a great way to save money, but we both lost a lot of weight eating healthier versions at home!
I added Further Food vanilla collagen to my sugar free Shamrock Shake for an extra health boost!
1/3 of the protein in your body is collagen: skin, hair, nails, joints, gut, bones, ligaments.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN:
- Can help with skin elasticity and aging. This means when losing a lot of weight it can help the skin shrink better, reduce wrinkles and cellulite
- It can help strengthen hair and reduce hair loss
- Improves joint health
- Builds bone strength
- Contains 18 amino acids that help muscle and ligament repair and recovery
- Contains glycine that helps with immune system health and helps with digestion
- ½ cup avocado
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup Further Foods vanilla collagen
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese OR KITE HILL dairy free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tsp stevia glycerite (optional)
- 1/8 tsp mint stevia
- ⅛ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I use THIS blender which is on sale now!) Puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Makes 2 servings.
McDonald's Shake = 680 calories, 20g fat, 14g protein, 111g carbs, 0 fiber
"Healthified" Shamrock Shake:
143 calories, 12g fat, 6g protein, 5g carbs, 3g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Good morning Maria Emmerich! This weekend marked a milestone in my journey. Not only have I lost half of my body weight but I wore a sleeveless shirt for the first time in 15 years!
My 12 year old daughter pointed out that she has never seen me wear a sleeveless shirt….and added that I looked buff!
Thank you Maria and Craig Emmerich for all of your guidance! I am beyond happy to have found this way of eating and will never return to where I started. I am stronger, healthier, younger and feel fantastic. Keto on!
Age: 40 yrs
SW: 270 lbs size 22
CW: 135 lbs size 4”– Sarah