Chicken Milanesa with Primal Ranch
I adore my subscription to Bon Appetit and I often get inspiration from their recipes. A few months ago they did a Chicken Milanesa with Maggi Ranch Sauce and I thought… I can make that “healthified!” Since I have been extremely busy with other projects (plus I have HUGE news coming soon!!!!), I just made a note to try it in a few months when things slow down… yeah, right!
Anyway, Primal Kitchen just came out with an AMAZING ranch dressing! Once mine came in the mail (you all know I don’t like shopping!) I quickly pounded out some chicken thighs and made Chicken Milanesa with Primal Ranch. OH MAN! It is awesome!
BUSY FAMILY TIP: Ask your local butcher to pound out boneless chicken thighs. All you have to do is bread them in the keto breading and fry for 4 minutes! Easy peasy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded thin
- Fine grain sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup pork dust, or grind pork rinds into fine powder
- ½ cup powdered Parmesan, (place shredded Parmesan into a food processor until powdered)
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen avocado oil or coconut oil, for frying
- 2 cups leafy greens, chopped
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Place the chicken thighs in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and using a rolling pin, pound gently until chicken thighs are about ¼ inch thick. Season well with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the beaten eggs into a shallow bowl. Beat in a tablespoon of water and season with salt and pepper. Place the pork dust and powdered Parmesan into another shallow bowl.
- Dredge each thigh in the beaten eggs and let extra drip off, then dip both sides in the pork dust mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet to medium-high. Once hot, sear each chicken thigh until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and sear until golden brown, about another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the salad by chopping the lettuce and slicing the radish.
- Place the fried chicken onto serving plates and divide the salad onto each plate. Squirt a lemon over each piece of chicken and salad. Drizzle with Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
KETO CLASS PARTICIPANT TESTIMONY: “I have been amazed at all the things I can eat and still lose weight, thanks to your recipes! 90 lbs down in a year as of today. Had a minor plateau for a few months, then started your supplement plan and tips from your keto life class and I’m losing again.
Already passed what was my goal weight for as long as I could remember, and now I’m 17 lbs away from my crazy goal weight…the low one I never thought I’d reach. If/when I reach that, I’ll have to set an insane goal weight! Like 125 or something. I literally have no idea when I weighed this little in my life. It must have been sometime in my young teenage years, before I ever monitored my weight on the scale.