Biscuits and Gravy
My family always has Biscuits and Gravy at Thanksgiving and this is my version of keto biscuits and gravy which I think is better then the gelatinous gravy that was always plopped on the biscuits.
When my keto biscuits came out of the oven, the smell reminded me of a buttery roll on Thanksgiving morning! They tasted great too. The flavor reminds me of my past life of eating KFC buttermilk biscuits.
Check out this video making my Keto Biscuits and Gravy recipe.
I know my keto gravy recipe sounds a little crazy, but it tastes awesome. It is the BEST gravy recipe! The cream cheese makes it so thick. This added an amazing flavor without extra calories. Since cream cheese is so thick, you can add a flavorful broth to thin the gravy and you save a lot of calories.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp Redmond Real Salt (use code Maria15 to save)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 2 TBS VERY COLD organic butter (cut into pieces) or cold butter-flavored coconut oil
- 10 oz pork sausage, crumbled (I used Pederson Farms sugar free breakfast sausages)
- 1 cup cream cheese (or Kite Hill cream cheese for dairy free), softened
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. TIP: Make sure the oven is 400 degrees before you put the biscuits in otherwise the biscuits will fall.
- Grease a cookie sheet or muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- Place the egg whites into a large bowl and whip with a hand mixer on high until very stiff.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the baking powder into the almond flour. Then cut in the butter and salt (if the butter isn't chilled, the biscuits don't turn out). Gently fold in the dry mixture into the whites. Dollop the dough onto the cookie sheet (or muffin tin) and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- To make the gravy, place the sausage in large skillet over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Gradually add softened cream cheese and broth; cook until mixture comes to a soft simmer and thickens, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split biscuits in half and top each with gravy.
345 calories, 29.9g fat, 14.6g protein, 4.9 carbs, 1.5g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
I LOVE getting email updates from phone clients like this!!! Doesn’t Jess look AMAZING? I’m so proud of her!
“A little over a month apart and over 20lbs lost!!!How did I do it?I made a choice to go all in and sign up with Maria Emmerich and I did a phone consult!I follow everything she tells me…and the weight is falling off.Can’t wait to see where I am next month!!” Jess
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!