Testimony of the Day
“Hi Maria, I just want to tell everyone what a difference you’ve made in not only my family’s life, but my patients too. As a doctor, I was always pushing “healthy whole grains” and fruits like bananas for potassium, but after looking at myself in the mirror, I knew something wasn’t right with this idea of calories in and calories out. I was eating a very clean diet of “healthy whole grains,” quinoa and tons of fruit, but I was overweight, had adult acne and was feeling a bit depressed. And I had anxiety when it came to food; counting points was not working for me.
One of my patients gave me a copy of your book and I was so inspired, I decided to do a phone consult, which forever changed my life. I have to be honest, the first week was awful. I felt like one of my patients suffering from drug withdrawal, but I now understand that the sugars and grains were my drug. Your explanation on how the protein in the wheat is similar to other proteins in the body which was causing cellular mimicry in my nervous system and brain was causing my slight depression made total sense. You taught me that I was gluten sensitive; this too was shocking to me since I didn’t suffer from any intestinal issues. But after working with you for 6 weeks I no longer felt depressed! Not only that, but I lost 31 pounds and no longer had to use my topical medication for adult acne (but after watching your cosmetics tutorial video, I realized how toxic those products were to my liver which also contributed to my poor moods and inability to lose weight).
You not only changed my life, but my kids are now 100% grain free and enjoy picking out recipes from your kids cookbook for snacks at school. I also feel so much better about setting a good example for my patients, I felt uncomfortable preaching to them about what to eat while being overweight. Now I know the whole truth and I am forever grateful. The consult with you really changed my life more than you will ever realize.” – Dr. Sally
To get started on your journey to health, click HERE.
- 1 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup Just Like BROWN Sugar
- ½ cup Swerve
- (*mixing sweeteners creates a better flavor and texture)
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners (or equivalent)
- ½ tsp vanilla or hazelnut extract
- ⅛ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 3 TBS hazelnut oil (could use other oil like macadamia nut)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, natural sweeteners and egg (Note: if using Just Like Brown sugar, I also add 1 tsp stevia glycerite for a better flavor). Cream for a few minutes until very fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth.
- Roll 2 TBS of dough into a ball in your hands (for uniform shape) onto a cookie sheet, then press down to they are about ¾ of an inch thick. Place cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet before removing and enjoy!
- I keep mine in the freezer (for portion control!:)
- To Make the Nutella: Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts evenly over a cookie sheet and roast until they darken and become aromatic, about 10 minutes. Transfer the hazelnuts to a damp towel and rub to remove the skins.
- If you use erythritol, grind in a coffee grinder until a smooth powder.
- In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts to a smooth butter, scraping the sides as needed so they process evenly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cocoa, natural sweetener, vanilla, salt and oil to the food processor and continue to process until well blended, about 1 minute.
- The finished spread should have the consistency of creamy peanut butter; if it is too dry, process in a little extra hazelnut oil until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Remove to a container, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Allow the spread to come to room temperature before using, as it thickens considerably when refrigerated. It will keep for at least a week.
- Place 1 TBS nutella in between each cookie to make a sandwich.
Traditional Cookie = 194 calories, 10.5g fat, 1g protein, 25.1g carbs, 0.6g fiber
"Healthified" Cookie = 144 calories, 13.8g fat, 2.4g protein, 3.3g carbs, 1.9g fiber (86% fat, 6% protein, 9% carbs)
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (2 TBS per serving):
Traditional Nutella = 200 calories, 23 carbs, 2 fiber
“Healthified” Nutella = 110 calories, 3.4 carbs, 2 fiber
If you would like to help out a small family, rather than large business, I am happy to announce that you can now get my books as a high quality ebook that works on any platform. This is an ebook format that works on any computer or mobile device. It is a beautiful pdf that has all the full color pages and layouts as the printed books with click-able table of contents and searching capabilities. This is extremely useful when trying to find a recipe. These books are much higher quality than the ebook platforms (kindle, apple). Plus, most of the profits don’t go to Amazon or apple! Just go here to get your copy! Just Click HERE or select “My Books” above to get your copy now!