Low Carb Soft Shell Crab
I’ve always wanted to try a low carb Soft Shell Crab but it wasn’t until I had a shipment from Sizzlefish with a bunch of pre-cleaned soft shell crab mailed to me that I actually decided to play around and write a recipe for a Keto Fried Low Carb Soft Shell Crab and MAN! I have been missing out!
I paired it with my Carolina BBQ sauce and it was a lunch to be remembered! I can’t wait until my next box of Sizzlefish comes!
Click HERE to check out Sizzlefish options!
I LOVE that healthy keto options for meals are mailed to my front door and I do not have to waste time going to the grocery store and waiting in line! Every night I decide what we are going to have the next day and I take out the protein from our freezer so dinner is ready in an instant!
- Heat a cast iron skillet with ½ cup lard or tallow to medium high heat. Pat the crab dry with paper towel. Place the powdered parmesan into a large shallow dish. Place the beaten eggs into another large shallow dish.
- Dip the crab into the eggs and tap, just so the crab has a light coating. Dip into the parmesan and use your hands to coat the crab well.
- Drop 3-4 crabs into the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes or until crab is cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining crabs.
- While the crab cooks, prepare my Carolina BBQ sauce and serve with delicious crispy crab!
- Best served fresh.
388 calories, 14g fat, 60g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Before Keto & after Keto! I went from 13 pills a day and now zero! Before keto I was Parkinson’s arrested and after keto…. all labs normal!”