Low Carb Soft Shell Crab
I’ve always wanted to try a low carb Soft Shell Crab but it wasn’t until I had a shipment from Cameron’s Seafood with a bunch of pre-cleaned soft shell crab mailed to me that I actually decided to play around and write a recipe for a Keto Fried Low Carb Soft Shell Crab and MAN! I have been missing out!
I paired it with my Carolina BBQ sauce and it was a lunch to be remembered! I can’t wait until my next box of Sizzlefish comes!
Click HERE to check out Cameron’s Seafood options!
I LOVE that healthy keto options for meals are mailed to my front door and I do not have to waste time going to the grocery store and waiting in line! Every night I decide what we are going to have the next day and I take out the protein from our freezer so dinner is ready in an instant!
Low Carb Soft Shell Crab
- 8 soft shell crabs 2 packages
- 1/2 cup powdered Parmesan I put shredded Parmesan in a food processor and pureed until smooth
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons Carolina BBQ sauce
- Heat a cast iron skillet with 1/2 cup lard or tallow to medium high heat. Pat the crab dry with paper towel. Place the powdered parmesan into a large shallow dish. Place the beaten eggs into another large shallow dish.
- Dip the crab into the eggs and tap, just so the crab has a light coating. Dip into the parmesan and use your hands to coat the crab well.
- Drop 3-4 crabs into the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes or until crab is cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining crabs.
- While the crab cooks, prepare my Carolina BBQ sauce and serve with delicious crispy crab!
- Best served fresh.
388 calories, 14g fat, 60g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Before Keto & after Keto! I went from 13 pills a day and now zero! Before keto I was Parkinson’s arrested and after keto…. all labs normal!”
Awesome!! I tried them and it was perfect !
I tweaked them with a pinch of garam masala and paprika mixed into parmesan. So the coating is spicy for my Indian Palate..
Yum…..looks like a great recipe! Question off subject: I know you use Lakanto Monk Fruit. Thank you for letting me know about it……I LOVE it! Wondering what you think of the ingredients of their “Drinking Chocolate”? Wasn’t sure about algae flour. It is the last ingredient and it is a probiotic too. Do you recommend this…it is delicious!
Yes, I love these products. 🙂
Thanks soooo much!!!! Ive been following you for 4 years and have learned so much from you…still learning!!!! Loved meeting you in person at your book signing in Madison! Thanks again!