Kettle and Fire Chicken Broth
Are you trying to kick the coffee addiction? I write about how caffeine stimulates the adrenals and increase blood sugar (which is why it often helps lower hunger when you drink coffee) and why you should cut it out in my latest book The 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse. Sometimes we want a warm drink in the morning, not necessarily coffee and this is where a tasty cup of broth can help you transition from a coffee fanatic to a broth fanatic! Kettle and Fire Chicken Broth not only tastes amazing, it has all of the healing properties you are looking for!
Whether it is for you or your toddler (see Kai begging for it in his bottle in the video below) Kettle and Fire Chicken Broth has all the medicinal benefits of bone broth as compared to most store-bought broths and has an exceptionally high level of minerals and amino acids. In fact Kettle and Fire chicken broth can be considered both a high quality multi-mineral and protein supplement.
Recipes where I use Kettle and Fire Chicken Broth:
1. “Healthified” Ranch Dressing
2. “Healthified” Clam Chowder
As well as many, many others!
Bone broths are one of the most nourishing foods. It is so medicinal that if I could bottle up into a pill, the pharmaceutical companies would be broke. Kettle and Fire understands the amazing properties of bone broth and have created an amazing product!
1. HYDROPHILIC COLLOIDS: Stock is also awesome because it has hydrophilic colloids. Raw foods are colloidal and are hydrophilic, meaning that they attract liquids. This is important because when we eat a salad or other raw food, the hydrophilic colloids attract digestive juices for rapid and effective digestion. Colloids that have been heated are usually hydrophobic (meaning they repel liquids, making cooked foods harder to digest). However, the gelatin in meat broths has the special property of attracting liquids even after it has been heated. A good visual is Jell-O, the gelatin attracts water to form desserts, which allows it to attract digestive juices to the surface of cooked food particles.
2. CROHN’S and COLITIS: Broth contains gelatin, which aids in digestion and works amazing as a treatment of intestinal disorders, including hyperacidity, colitis and Crohn’s disease because it heals the intestinal wall. Many clients of mine have Colitis, leaky gut, diverticulitis, Crohn’s or other intestinal problems. By supplementing with broth and other key supplements (such as l-glutamine) we can strengthen the intestinal walls, which also supports our immune system. Babies had fewer digestive problems when gelatin was added to their milk. It enhances digestion by attracting digestive juices to food in the gut. It also calms and soothes the gut lining. Gelatin should be the first therapeutic food for anyone suffering from digestive conditions affecting the intestines.
3. Collagen is a protein extracted in broth through the breakdown of bone and cartilage during the cooking process and is referred to as gelatin. The quality of broth is usually determined by the amount of gelatin it contains. The gelatin in broth is also useful for the treatment of anemia and other blood disorders, like diabetes, muscular dystrophy and even cancer.
4. AMINO ACIDS: Although gelatin isn’t a complete protein, (it only has the amino acids arginine and glycine in large amounts) it acts as a protein sparer, allowing the body to more fully utilize the complete proteins that are taken in. So if you are someone who can’t afford large amounts of meat in your diet, gelatin-rich broths are great to help boost protein absorption.
5. MINERAL ABSORPTION: Healthy bone tissue is naturally high in minerals (calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium) which provide a healthy bone structure, nervous system as well as hormone balance. Fish stock will also provide iodine which is essential for a healthy thyroid. Broths made from fish bones will also provide iodine. The gelatin in broth strengthens digestion which helps you absorb more nutrients. Gelatin helps people digest milk and dairy products.
“Stock contains minerals in a form the body can absorb easily—not just calcium but also magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulphur and trace minerals. It contains the broken down material from cartilage and tendons–stuff like chondroitin sulphates and glucosamine, now sold as expensive supplements for arthritis and joint pain.” Sally Fallon Morell
6. JOINT HEALTH: Gelatin is derived from cartilage from the bone and has a huge benefit for regaining joint health.
Here is Kai signing “Please” (he would flick hi ear for “Please” or “More”) for more of his bone broth!
I am more like you than you realize… you can find me opening a Kettle and Fire organic beef broth instead of making my own broth quite often.
Kettle & Fire have setup a special deal for our followers. Get $10 off your first order! Just just CLICK HERE to get this great deal!
ENTER TO WIN!
If you would like to win Kettle and Fire Bone Broth it is easy to enter!
2. Like Kettle and Fire on Facebook!
3. Comment below on what recipes of mine you would like to use Kettle and Fire bone broth with!
Winner will be chosen April 1st! Good Luck!
AND THE WINNER IS… Teresa Willey!! Congrats!
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
I love it when I get testimonies on healing the thyroid!!!
“My husband and I are now on Day 17 of the 30 Day Cleanse. I have hypothyroidism and have been taking 112mcg of Levothyroxine, for years. On January 20, 2017 I had blood work done and had the following levels TSH – 3.72, Free T4 – 1.40. Then yesterday (March 7, 2017) I had repeat labs and these are my new levels TSH – 0.47, Free T4 – 1.90. Not sure what the increasing Free T4 means. Have you ever seen TSH levels correct this quickly? I’m kind of amazed! Guess I need to decrease my Levothyroxine? Also, I have lost 13 pounds and my husband has lost 22 pounds!”