Wendy’s Frosty Recipe
Are you craving a creamy Wendy’s Frosty but do not want a sugar hangover?
The ingredients of a Wendy’s Frosty are: Milk, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Cream, Whey, Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Guar Gum, Mono And Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Carrageenan, Calcium Sulfate, Sodium Citrate, Dextrose, Vitamin A Palmitate.
I personally don’t want to eat the majority of the ingredients in a traditional Wendy’s Frosty. I also do not want 390 calories and 58 grams of sugar! That is why I jumped into my kitchen and created a sugar free and dairy free Wendy’s Frosty recipe for all of you!
I used Further Foods Chocolate Collagen in my Wendy’s Frosty recipe!
I love using collagen for the multiple benefits and we are picky about what brand of collagen I use. You all know that products are not always created equal and that is the same with collagen brands. That is why we use Further Foods collagen and gelatin. The quality and potency is the highest you can find!
Adding Further Foods Chocolate Collagen gives this Wendy’s Frosty a health punch that I feel good about giving to my boys!
There have been many studies showing a wide range of benefits from collagen. You get a lot of glycine from collagen. THIS STUDY showed that the glycine derived from collagen is essential to maintain the normal structure and strength of connective tissue, such as bones, skin, cartilage, and blood vessels. Many other studies have shown benefits ranging form immune health, digestive health, bone strength and much more. It also greatly benefits the skin and reduced wrinkles and aging. Smoking reduces collagen synthesis and that is why smokers have more wrinkles.
Another important benefit of collagen is that it is the second most ferment-able substrate behind FOS (fructooligosaccharides). This study showed that collagen is great for feeding our gut flora, much better than almost any plant fiber (collagen is 7.96 where plant fiber is 1.53). So the push for feeding the gut flora with lots of plant fiber is really not needed. Just add some collagen.
Collagen peptide products isolate the collagen and give you a much more concentrated dose. That is why we love the Further Foods Collagen! It is grass-fed, pasture raised, NON-GMO, and it is really easy to add to any smoothie like this sugar free Wendy’s Frosty recipe!
Click HERE to learn more about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting.
- ½ cup heavy cream (or coconut cream if dairy-free) OR unsweetened almond milk for PROTEIN SPARING
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 scoops Further Foods Chocolate Collagen
- 1 tablespoon Swerve confectioners (or more to your desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- Pinch of Redmond Real Salt
- OPTIONAL: 1 capsule Just Thrive Probiotic (use code Maria15 to save)
- Place the cream in a blender (click HERE to find the one I LOVE) and puree until it thickens and doubles in size.
- Add the almond milk, ice, chocolate collagen, sweetener, almond extract, and salt (and open 1 probiotic capsule if desired) and puree until smooth. Taste, adjust the sweetness to your liking, and pour into glasses.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Allow to thaw for a few minutes before enjoying.
253 calories, 23g fat, 10g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 0.4
Nutritional Information (protein sparing version):
60 calories, 1g fat, 10g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 10.0
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria Emmerich! I committed to fully changing my diet on December 26, 2020. I follow @ketoincourt on IG and she inspired me to buy the 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse cookbook. So I started the cleanse when she and her husband did in January. I then purchased The Art of Fat Loss and I’ve been incorporating 3 PSMF days weekly over the last few months. So far I’ve lost 43 lbs.
Your recipes are seriously the best! The fact that I’m always full and satisfied after each meal has made this lifestyle change sustainable. Thank you for sharing your cooking gifts with the world!
I wouldn’t have had this level of success without you!!”
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!