The ULTIMATE Lobster Bisque
This Ultimate Lobster Bisque is going to knock your socks off! This is the best keto soup I have ever had! My recipe testers agree! They told me they can’t get enough of this soup!
Many of you know that I LOVE sauces! I always love to find the perfect combination of proteins with the most complimentary sauce. This lobster bisque is my way of pairing a sauce with my lobster!
I made this lobster bisque 2 ways so you can make it the way you prefer.
If you are like me and want a sauce with your lobster tail, opt for option one where you poach a whole lobster in the bisque at the end. This option will need a knife when serving it, I cut up my lobster and eat a large piece with the delicious bisque.
If you prefer a more traditional lobster bisque, instead of whole lobster tails, use lobster pieces to poach in the bisque at the end. Either way, it is delicious! However, the presentation with a large lobster tail in the bowl is pretty spectacular!
I also love that Butcherbox now offers whole lobster tails and they also offer lobster pieces!
We aren’t going out to eat with Covid-19 so I don’t mind spending money on delicious food I can enjoy at home! Also, this homemade Keto Lobster Bisque is way better than any restaurant lobster bisque anyway!
The ULTIMATE Lobster Bisque
- 4 lobster tails I used Butcherbox lobster tails, or 1 pound lobster pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek halved lengthwise
- 1/2 onion halved
- 1 stalk celery in big chunks
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 strips orange zest or a drop of orange oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces cream cheese or Kite Hill brand if dairy free
- 3 cups chicken broth I used Kettle and Fire brand
- Redmond Real Salt use code Maria15 for 15% off
- If using whole lobsters, remove the lobster meat from the shell and set the lobster meat into the fridge. Set the shells aside to add to the soup later.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, onion, and cook for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the celery, thyme, orange zest and the tomato paste. Cook about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, lobster shells and salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a gently simmer until the soup is reduced a little, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lobster shells and sprigs of thyme and discard. Add the cream cheese to the pot. Use a stick blender to combine the soup until smooth.
- Add the lobster meat (either whole lobster or lobster pieces) into the soup and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes for whole lobsters (or 5 minutes for lobster pieces) or until the lobster is cooked through.
- To serve, ladle the bisque into warmed soup bowls with a lobster tail in each bowl.
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
On a whim, I weighed myself last weekend, and once again, I’m failing at maintenance…I’ve lost another ten pounds in the last 11 months! I threw my scale out three years ago, and my journey to health has been so much easier since I stopped letting that daily number rule my life (and my sense of success or failure).
In 2000, I was diagnosed with three autoimmune diseases and was put into a never-ending cycle of specialists, prescriptions, more prescriptions, constant pain, and the inability to function normally.
At my worst, I couldn’t get out of a chair without help, couldn’t get anything but flip flops onto my swollen feet, and ballooned up to 268 lbs. When I found you, I was taking 26 pills a day. Today, I take no medication, I have no symptoms, I live a full and healthy life, and I weigh 139 lbs – I have lost half my body weight!! With your guidance and encouragement, I’ve not only changed the way I eat, but I’ve also changed the way I live – I left a high-stress job, have learned how to manage life/work balance, get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, maintain a healthy immune system, and take time to do the things that make me happy. I can honestly say that I am physically, mentally, and spiritually in the best place I’ve ever been.
There will never be enough words to say thank you – I believe your guidance literally saved my life. You have an incredible gift, and I will be forever grateful that our paths crossed!“ C
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!