Sugar Free Marshmallow
Vegetable glycerin is something you may have never heard of but is an important ingredient in this Sugar Free Marshmallow. It tastes sweet but it is not metabolized as sugar in the body and does not cause a rise in blood sugar. It is often used as a sweetener in foods marketed to diabetics. The reason you need it to make these marshmallows is because vegetable glycerin has a moisture-attracting property. The same way that adding glycerin to a lotion helps keeps your skin stay plump and soft, adding glycerin to foods, such as these marshmallows, helps them stay soft and chewy.
Click HERE to find it on sale.
I have been so excited to share this new sweetener information with all of you but I was waiting for not only myself to test my blood sugar with it, I wanted feedback from other diabetics; both Type 1 and Type 2 for feedback on if they have ANY rise when using this new sweetener called Allulose. And the results are in… Allulose does not increase blood sugar at all! Yahoo!
Here is a screen shot of a Type 1 diabetic testing it (thanks RD!)!
Allulose is an all natural sweetener (not an artificial sweetener) and the brand All-u-lose has a few products that are awesome! The sugar-free honey is to die for! The sugar-free Maple syrup is also super tasty on it’s own!
If you despise the aftertaste or cooling effect of erythritol you are going to love Allulose! It tastes just like sugar. It also caramelizes and melts like sugar!
Click HERE to find it online!
These taste GREAT with Nui low carb cookies! Click HERE to find them on sale!
These sugar-free Marshmallows also make great S’mores with my low carb Graham Crackers and sugar free ChocoPerfection Bars! Click HERE to find ChocoPerfection Bars!
- 2 TBS organic gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 1½ cup of Swerve
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup Allulose OR vegetable glycerine
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- Add gelatin to cold water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in sauce pan, stir all sweeteners, vegetable glycerine and hot water.
- Heat the sweeteners on high until 245 degrees F (soft ball stage).
- Gradually add the hot mixture to the gelatin mixture, stirring constantly. Then slowly add the vanilla and almond extract while stirring.
- Use a Kitchen Aid mixture to beat on high until stiff peaks form. It will look like beaten egg whites.
- Pour in lightly greased 8" square pan, or for thinner marshmallows, use a larger pan or add to piping bag and make desired shapes. Allow marshmallows to set (about an hour) and cut into desired size.
- Coat with desired coating (SMORE marshmallows; use healthified graham crackers and dark chocolate mixture, dip top of marshmallow in chocolate and then dip into crushed graham crackers) Or dust with cocoa powder.
- For peeps, use natural yellow food coloring to color granulated swerve and dip the piped marshmallow shapes of chicks and bunnies in the swerve to coat.
- HINT: if marshmallow is mixed to much and hardens or hardens as you are working, just warm up the marshmallow mix a bit and it will be usable. It works just like real marshmallows! Store in airtight container.
Traditional Marshmallow = 159 calories, 0.1g fat, 0.9g protein, 41g carbs
"Healthified" Marshmallow = 32 calories, 0.1g fat, 0.9g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fiber
Maria-I am loving your blog posts and stories from people who are sharing their various successes with you! I just got your three cookbooks in one and looking forward to trying the Chicken Parmesan tonight. Your book is way bigger than I ever expected and full of loads of important information to eat keto adapted. Thank you for sharing your stories with us. Thanks! Sherra
To make smore’s click HERE to find my “healthified” Graham Cracker.
Testimony of the Day
Phone Consult Photo Testimony: “After our phone consult I was inspired to take the leap and clean my pantry! I CAN do this!” – Kelly
Just think about the money you will save on NOT purchasing these foods!
30 Day Meal Plan SAVING Money Testimony: “I just wanted to let you know that I was a little concerned when I looked at your meal plan, everyone I seen on your blog had a lot of weight to lose. I only had 15lbs to get to my goal weight. The last 15 are always the stickest!!! I was spending 2 1/2 hrs in the gym aday, running 10 miles and lifting. I have been eating the Maria way for 1 week and am down 7lbs!!!! I feel amazing!!! I now am in the process of adjusting my whole family. My husband is a professional athlete and usully eats a very large amout of calories to just get him through his workout and daily activities. He is now eating normal sized meals and has tons of energy!!! This plan I thought was going to be super expensive just to feed him! It is saving us money at this point! Just want to give you a big THANK YOU!!!” – Kristin
To get started on your transformation, click HERE.