Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream
I hope you all had a fantastic Mother’s Day! I feel very blessed to have 2 little boys! Craig asked me what I wanted for Mother’s Day. I told him I would love to have a video of the boys growing up. Here is a little clip of the special video he made me:
My boys LOVE ice cream and they LOVE strawberries! So I made them strawberries and cream ice cream for them!
Keto Strawberry ice cream is their favorite!
EXITING NEWS! I started a CLOSED Facebook group called KETO. This way you can ask keto questions or post recipes of mine that you made without your Facebook friends seeing your post. Click HERE to join!
KETO ICE CREAM TIPS
1. Add a pinch of salt: salt helps keep the ice cream salt. Salt also should be added to desserts! Click HERE to read why.
2. Use less Swerve (or erythritol): erythritol doesn’t melt and instead it crystallizes which causes low carb ice cream to get hard. Plus when you blend sweeteners you get a better flavor profile. What I do is use less Swerve and I use a few teaspoons stevia glycerite which is a non-bitter stevia which is a thick honey-like sweetener. Click HERE to find stevia glycerite.
3. Use Allulose instead! Allulose tastes just like sugar and keeps ice cream soft yet it doesn’t effect blood sugar at all! Click HERE to find Allulose!
Do NOT add alcohol. Some food bloggers recommend a tablespoon or two of vodka which may help keep low carb ice cream soft but if you are like me you will gain weight and most likely be kicked out of ketosis. On my trip to Italy, we discussed food a lot! Lani, a lovely woman on our trip told me she added little vodka to her ice cream to keep it soft and she was out of ketosis for 3 days! Not worth it!
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Pour the strawberry ice cream into ice cream maker and churn for 15 minutes or until the magic happens and ice cream is thick. Store in airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
- NOTE: If ice cream is too hard, allow to sit at room temperature for 8 minutes before serving.
115 calories, 11g fat, 1g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“This is SO embarrassing, and hard to share. But I’m proud of how far I’ve come! At my highest of about 178lbs, to my current 122lbs. I hated having my pictures taken, and honestly don’t have many of “before.” I’ve been on a year-long journey to discovering health and wellness. Craig Emmerich and Maria Wojcik Emmerich were the last push I needed to get it together! I’m living proof that ANYONE can do this! 🏼🥩 I’ve maintained my weight loss, my WOE, and will NEVER go back to the ridiculousness that I was doing before. THANK YOU Maria and Craig, for teaching us that there is a better way!” – Autumn
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto School!