Spicy Lime Chicken Chorizo Chili
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
SPICY LIME CHICKEN CHORIZO CHILI
I adore a great chili recipe and so do my little boys. But I have to admit, I am not a fan of chicken but this recipe makes such a tasty and tender chicken soup I couldn’t help but fall in love with it.
As I wrote the recipe I thought I should contact LaCroix (which we enjoy all the time) to see if they would be willing to donate a few cases to a winner on my blog and they graciously replied right away!
It is easy to enter!
2. Like LaCroix on Facebook.
3. Comment below on what type of cookbook I should write in the future (for example, would you like to see a holiday book, BBQ book, Kids cookbook, or any ideas are welcome!)
Good luck! Winner will be chosen March 19th!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 lbs smoked chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock (boxed will work, homemade preferred)
- 1 can (12 oz) can Lacroix lime carbonated beverage
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add the oil, chorizo, diced chicken and onions. Cook until onions are soft and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes with juice and chilis in a food processor. Combine until smooth. Set aside.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne to the soup pot and saute for another minute while stirring.
- Add in the tomato puree, broth, Lacroix, chopped chocolate. Heat until a soft boil then reduce heat to low and cook for 1 hour for flavors to open up. Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro.
"Healthified" Chili = 288 calories, 21.6g fat, 16g protein, 8g carbs, 2.9g fiber
67% fat, 22% protein, 11% carbs