Protein Sparing Raspberry Danish
It is my dear friend Halle Berry’s birthday on August 14th!
As many of you know, I had the great pleasure of making friends with the beautiful Halle Berry and she wrote the forward for my Sugar Free Kids cookbook!
I wanted to write a very special recipe for Halle Berry’s birthday so my boys and I created Halle Berry Raspberry Danish!
So many of you are LOVING my protein sparing wonder bread, protein sparing cinnamon rolls, I thought, a protein sparing Danish with a raspberry touch for Halle Berry would be a wonderful tribute to her!
To make the raspberry filling, I used Further Foods gelatin!
Further Foods gelatin and collagen peptides are both excellent sources of collagen. Both their Collagen & Gelatin are sourced from the highest quality, grass-fed, pasture-raised, hormone-free, and antibiotic free bovine collagen.
The benefits of collagen and gelatin are astounding! Just eating my delicious protein sparing Danish helps support skin elasticity & hydration, longer hair & nails, stronger bones & joints, faster recovery between workouts, increased flexibility, improved digestion, and it even keeps you feeling full and satiated for longer!
Further Food Collagen Peptides dissolve instantly in any recipe, and Gelatin Powder naturally thickens recipes. It’s perfect for making sugar free jelly, dairy free ice cream, jello, sugar free gummies, cheesecake, or panna cotta!
Use code MARIAMINDBODY is for 20% off site-wide !
If you make my delicious protein sparing Danish recipe, please take a photo and tag me as well as Halle Berry! Those photos warm my heart!
Click HERE to learn more about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting.
Protein Sparing Danish
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened (or Kite Hill brand for dairy free and protein sparing ratios)
- 2 tablespoons Natural Sweetener or a few drops of stevia glycerite
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Natural Sweetener
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place a piece of parchment on 2 large baking sheets. Spray with avocado oil spray and set aside.
- Separate the eggs (save 1 yolk for the filling and the rest of the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add the allulose, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the protein powder into the whites.
- Use a spatula to scoop out 3/4 cup of the dough and place onto the prepared baking sheets in a round circle about 2 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch high. Use a spoon to form a deep well for the filling. Repeat with remaining dough until you have 12 danishes that are 1 inch apart. Set aside.
- Make the cream cheese filling by placing the softened cream cheese, yolk and natural sweetener in a bowl. Mix well to combine. Divide this mixture evenly into the middle of each Danish.
- Place the water in a small pot and sift in the gelatin to soften for a few minutes. Add the raspberries, sweetener and a pinch of salt. Heat to a simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and use a stick blender to puree until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Place a few tablespoons of raspberry jelly on top of the cream cheese layer making sure the edges are high enough so the jelly doesn't flow over the top. You may have extra jelly, but save it to top more on after the danishes are baked if desired.
- Place the cookie sheet with the danishes in the oven to bake for 10-13 minutes or until the danishes are golden brown and dough is fully cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by placing the natural sweetener in a small bowl, add just enough almond milk to make a thin glaze. If it gets too thin, add a tablespoon of natural sweetener, and if it is too thick, add a splash of almond milk. Once the danishes are cool, drizzle with glaze.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
159 calories, 6g fat, 22g protein, 5g carbs, 2g fiber
P:E ratio 2.5
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!