Protein Sparing Bread Caramel Rolls
When I was a little girl, my mom would make homemade caramel rolls on Saturday mornings! I LOVED those caramel rolls!
I still love caramel and I love my protein sparing bread! I married the two to make protein sparing bread caramel rolls!
These keto caramel rolls are so delicious, I made two batches to share with friends!
Click HERE to watch a very helpful video on Protein Sparing and how to do PSMF properly and avoid the weight loss mistakes I see all the time!
- CARAMEL TOPPING: (This will make extra)
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered Allulose
- ½ cup heavy cream
- PROTEIN SPARING BREAD ROLLS:
- 6 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons powdered allulose
- ½ teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of Tartar
- ⅓ cup unflavored egg white protein
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered allulose
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Before you begin to make the caramel topping, make sure you have everything ready to go - the cream and the butter next to the pan, ready to put in.
- Heat butter on high heat in a saucepan. Whisk and let it come to a boil, watch for specks of brown (this is brown butter....so good on veggies!). Immediately add the Allulose and whisk until melted. Add the cream to the pan and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, and then pour into a glass mason jar and set in the fridge to cool while you make the caramel rolls. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- To make the protein sparing bread rolls, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Spray parchment with Avocado oil spray and set aside.
- Separate the eggs (save the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add the allulose, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the egg white protein powder into the whites. Do not over mix or the caramel rolls will end up like styrofoam.
- Spread the protein sparing bread caramel roll mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until just cooked through (NOT browned at all).'
- Remove pan from the oven and use a knife to spread with softened butter and sprinkle with allulose and cinnamon. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 6 strips (cutting from the longer end of the baking sheet). Roll each strip into a caramel roll. Set the rolls into a greased 9 inch pie pan.
- Top a few tablespoons of the caramel onto each roll.
- Place back into the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit before topping with more caramel if desired.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
280 calories, 27g fat, 9g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 0.3
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“About 5 months ago I found Maria Emmerich and her love, Craig. They have helped save my life. As of today, I’ve lost 140 lbs. I have 37 more to reach my original goal of 180.
I started wearing a size 32 jeans and am now in size 16. Once I reach my goal, I’ll set a new goal! These are my before and now pics.
Thank you to Maria and Craig! You all help so many of us each and every day! Thank you. Keto on!” – Jane
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!