Paleo Crab Rangoon
I once adored going to Chinese restaurants for Crab Rangoon (which is a huge hit in the book Keto Restaurant Favorites). But when Craig lost his job, and we couldn’t afford to go out to eat, I started cooking our favorite restaurant meals at home! Not only was it a great way to save money, but we both lost a lot of weight eating healthier versions at home!
Check out our favorite restaurant recipes made keto in my best-selling cookbook Keto Restaurant Favorites! Click HERE to find it on SALE!
I have made and tested so many recipes for this blog and I have to admit this is my absolute favorite recipe! …Savory recipe that is!
Crab Rangoon was a weakness of mine in my former “un-healthified” life and even though it has been 10 years since I had one, I think these are better! But what is even cooler is that I don’t feel awful after eating them!
Paleo Crab Rangoon
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 ounces canned crab not imitation crab
- 1 tsp green onion chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp Redmond Real salt
- 16 large slices of Proscuitto sliced thin (from the butcher)
- Coconut oil or SkinnyFat MCT Oil for frying
- SWEET n SOUR SAUCE
- ½ cup Natural Sweetener
- ½ cup coconut vinegar
- 2 TBS coconut aminos
- 1 TBS tomato paste
- 1 clove roasted garlic not raw
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Preheat fryer or oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl combine the filling until well combined.
- Lay one slice of prosciutto wrapper on parchment paper so that the prosciutto is lying with short end towards you. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of the filling on the bottom left hand corner of the prosciutto. Fold the prosciutto in a triangle shape over the filling (like you are making a paper football you use to fling across the classroom). Continue folding in a triangle shape making sure the filling is covered well. Continue until all the way to the top of the prosciutto.
- Repeat until all wrappers are filled.
- Working in batches fry the crab rangoon by placing the into the hot oil for about 2 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Remove from oil and serve.
- SWEET n SOUR SAUCE: Heat the ingredients in a small saucepan until simmering. Whisk until smooth. If you want a thicker sauce, add ¼ tsp guar gum.
- OIL TIP: Once cool, strain the oil and store in mason jars in the fridge for future use.
Traditional Crab Rangoon =
"Healthified" Crab Rangoon = 60 calories, 4.9g fat, 3.9g protein, 1g carb 72.7% fat, 23% protein, 4.3% carbs)
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Our New Keto-Cleanse package contains all new recipes not published anywhere else (AND ON SALE NOW)! Check out the feedback on the roast recipe:
“Your roast recipe from the keto cleanse is EXCELLENT. It must be the bone broth that tenderizes the heck out of it.” – Denise”
Phone Client Update: “This morning I realized that you have saved me, literally, thousands of dollars. Before I started eating the Maria way, and even the first few weeks after, I was contemplating getting a new (king size – we have 3 cuddly cats) mattress set. I had been getting up every morning with back pain for a long time and the mattress is 6-7 years old. Now that I am sleeping better I don’t wake up with a sore back any more. That’s a $1000-$1500+ savings thanks to your advice and meal plans.
On top of that, I have stopped being so worried about what I eat. I know what I need to stay away from and how those foods affect me so I am not tempted to eat them. Well I am still tempted, but I can more easily say no to that craving. I know the temptation will go away the longer I don’t eat those foods. This is a freedom I have never before experienced.
Now that I am sleeping 7-8+ hours each night the fat is melting off of me faster than I could have imagined. 5 effortless pounds this week. Even though, admittedly, I have indulged in more over-feeding days than I should.
Thank you, Maria! What an amazing investment your services are.