Meat Lovers 7-Layer Dip
I am so honored! I was contacted by Hollywood Life to feature my MIND-BLOWING keto refried beans in a 7-layer dip just in time for the Super Bowl!
My schedule is JAMMED packed right now! I just signed 3 book contracts, I am working with a beautiful actress (can’t say who yet) making cooking videos, teaching my keto college students, consulting clients daily AND I am about to go to Costa Rica to be the Keto Chef on a television show!
I really didn’t have much time to do a video for this amazing recipe for Keto 7-Layer Dip, but I couldn’t say no when then last video the did was for GORDON RAMSAY!!!! So I jumped on my bicycle (I don’t have a car here) and rode along the ocean to the store to pick up eggplant to make my delicious keto refried beans.
Find my recipe using my eggplant refried “beans” on Hollywood Life.com
I decided to do a different recipe without my keto refried “beans” and do a meat lovers 7-layer dip for the Super Bowl!
I made slow cooker pulled pork and made a pate with 1/2 of the shredded pork for the bottom layer to resemble the bean-like texture without the carbs! I also did another layer using shredded pork. We all really liked how the 2 textures and the flavors came together in this meat lovers dip!
As you can see we are HUGE football fans and the Packer’s are doing great this year! What would be better than to watch football with a big bowl of Meat Lovers 7-Layer Dip?
We served ours with meat chips! A true keto chip that is only 2 ingredients: meat and salt!
Click HERE to order Carnivore Crisps (use code MARIA for a discount) and get an extra bag for a huge bowl of Meat Lovers 7-Layer Dip!
- LAYER ONE:
- 4 pounds pork shoulder (or pork butt, about 2½ pounds meat yield)
- ¼ cup taco seasoning (click HERE to find)
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef or pork broth (I used kettle and fire beef broth)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or bacon fat if dairy free)
- ADDITIONAL LAYERS:
- 1 cup sour cream (or guacamole if dairy free)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (omit if dairy free)
- 3 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives, optional
- Serve with pork rinds
- Carnivore crisps chicken breast (use code MARIA for 10% off)
- Season the pork shoulder on all sides with taco seasoning. Place in a 6 quart slow cooker. Add the onions, garlic and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours) or until very fork tender. Use 2 forks to shred to very small pieces.
- Place ½ of the shredded pork into a powerful blender. Add ½ cup liquid from the slow cooker and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Pulse and puree until you have a smooth pate (you may need to open the top and move the liquid around). Taste and add more taco seasoning and salt if desired.
- In a large glass bowl or 9 inch pie plate, spread the pork pate.
- Spread the sour cream (or guacamole) on top of the pork.
- Place the rest of the shredded pork on top of the sour cream layer.
- Layer the salsa on top of the shredded pork, followed by shredded lettuce, cheese, green onion, diced tomato, green onion if desired.
- Serve with pork rinds andCarnivore Crisps!
302 calories, 24g fat, 17g protein, 3g carbs, 0.4g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“So happy to announce after just over a year of Keto/Carnivore my grade 0-1 fatty liver is completely healed. My ALT was 14 today. Down from 79 at this time last year. Had a heart ultrasound done and I have no calcification in any of my arteries. I have lost 38 lbs and my once high BP is perfect and my blood sugar which was pre-diabetic is also normal. I still have a way to go with weight loss but this way of eating is so healing. I have started doing 3-4 days of PSMF and the weight is coming back off again after a very long stall. Thanks Maria Emmerich and Craig Emmerich for all you do. ️” – Kelly
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!