Keto Strawberry Shortcake
I like to make everyday a little special. It doesn’t have to cost money or be a big event to be special. It is sometimes as simple as spending an hour fishing with my boys, hiking in the woods for “dinosaur bones” or celebrating National food holidays! My boys LOVE strawberries and since June 14th is National Strawberry Shortcake Day I thought celebrating with this for breakfast would be fun!
I also made Strawberry Shortcake with my biscuits that everyone loves (which you can find HERE) . It is delicious! But the thing that I LOVE about using my angel food cake for making Strawberry Shortcake is that there are no nut flours used so it keeps the total carbs very low.
- ANGEL FOOD CAKE:
- 12 egg whites
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup Jay Robb strawberry or vanilla EGG WHITE powder
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners’ sweetener (or powdered erythritol)
- 1 tsp strawberry extract (or other extract)
- CHEESECAKE SAUCE:
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (or Kite Hill cream cheese if dairy free)
- ¼ cup Swerve confectioners(or equivalent powdered sweetener) (or more to desired sweetness)
- Sliced Strawberries
- Whipped Cream (sweetened with a touch of Swerve confectioners) (or dairy free whipped cream)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift egg white protein and confectioners Swerve together and set aside. In a large clean bowl, whip egg whites with a pinch of salt until foamy (save the yolks for “healthified” creme brule, “healthified” coconut custard, OR “healthified” ice cream). Add cream of tartar and continue to beat until very stiff (you will be able to put bowl upside down and the whites won’t fall out). Add your favorite extract flavor. Quickly stir in the egg white protein mixture. Pour into a greased 9 by 9 inch square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Cool completely before slicing.
- To make the cheesecake sauce, place the strawberries, cream cheese and sweetener into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Place the heavy cream into a whipped cream canister (I love THIS one), add a tablespoon or two of Swerve confectioners (or a teaspoon of stevia glycerite). Close and shake the canister. (or you can whip the heavy cream with sweetener until peaks form).
- To assemble, slice the angel food cake into 3 inch by 1 by 1 inch slices. Place 2 pieces into a serving bowl, top with a few tablespoons of cheesecake sauce. Top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
121 calories, 7g fat, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 0.2g fiber
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Hi Maria! These photos were taken 3 years apart. The one on right was taken yesterday at a wedding. 15 months on keto, look good and feel great! Thank you Maria and Craig Emmerich we couldn’t of done it without your help!” – Rhonda
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto School!