Keto Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
Anyone else grow up eating Cheetos?
I did! I remember getting dropped off from the school bus at my mom’s work when I was in Kindergarten and I would get to go to the vending machine to get a bag of Cheetos to snack on as I waited for her. This was many decades ago, before there was Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. But now, everyone seems to be addicted to Flamin’ Hot Cheetos! So I had to make a keto version for all of you!
My Keto Flamin’ Hot Cheetos are basically zero carb and only 82 calories!
If you have a love for Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, you are going to love my recipe!
If you haven’t noticed, I do not allow advertising on my site.
I just didn’t agree with some of the products that were advertised. They were keto products, but they were unhealthy and I would never personally eat most of the products. It was hard to say no to blog advertisements; they pay thousands of dollars a month, but I just felt uncomfortable about having the products I didn’t recommend on my website.
Instead, I have created a shopping list where you can find all the healthy ingredients that are difficult to find in the grocery store (and if you do find them, they are often very expensive).
I have done a lot of detective work and found the lowest prices on for all of the products I use and love. Everything from food, pantry items, kitchen tools, supplements, and skin products are on my list.
I rarely waste time in the grocery store because I find everything online for a way better price!
All you have to do is click on the words in my recipes and it will take you right to the correct item. If you add them to your cart I get a tiny commission that helps me afford to keep practicing recipes (Recipe experimenting can costing me a fortune!…but I love helping!).
I also have GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS on the list!
Happy Shopping and THANK YOU for all your support!!!
- 3 egg whites
- OPTIONAL: ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar (stabilizes the egg whites)
- ½ cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese (frozen)
- 2 teaspoons Hot Spices (or more if you like spicy!)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place a piece of parchment onto a large baking sheet. Spray with avocado oil spray and set aside.
- Grate the cheese into very small pieces. Place on a plate and freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the whites with cream of tartar if using until VERY stiff peaks form. Sprinkle the chopped cheese and Hot Spices, on top of the egg whites. Then, with a rubber spatula, fold the cheese into the egg whites, VERY CAREFULLY, being careful not to disturb the fluffy whites, but thoroughly spread the cheese, throughout.
- Carefully place the mixture into a large Ziplock baggie, cut a ¼ inch hole in the corner of the baggie. Gently squeeze onto the prepared baking sheet in CHEETO-like shapes. Sprinkle with additional hot spices if desired.
- Bake at 300 degrees, for 20-30 minutes. The longer you can bake them (without them getting too brown), the crispier they will be. For even crispier Flamin' Hot Cheetos, turn off the oven, and leave them in the oven for at least 30-minutes.
82 calories, 6g fat, 7g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E Ratio 1.2
TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
“Thank you SO a much Maria! I have to tell you how you’ve given me my life back!Two years ago I was on 17 total medications. Most were daily, including long and short acting insulin, metformin, prednisone, etc. Some were weekly (methotrexate) and some were twice a year (Remicaid). I have RA and PsA.My Rheumatologist had me on so many meds including prednisone which started at a low dose, but for the last 3 years I took it, I was on 60mg daily to control my pain. I gained almost 100 lbs and ended up with medication induced diabetes with an A1c of 10.8.I did a personal assessment with you last year and have been following your advice. My A1c is now 5.8 and I am OFF ALL of my meds for RA and diabetes. I’ve lost 40 lbs, but I know my body was sick for a long time so I am trying to remain patient as I know once my body heals the weight loss will follow.Thank you so much for all of the help, wonderful and valuable information and for the amazing recipes you create to make this way of eating sustainable. Sorry for the novel, but I just want you to know what a hero you are to so many people ” Michele
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my Mind-blowing Keto School!