Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
Did you hear the news? I have a new ebook cookbook out called Keto Instant Pot Recipes ebook! But this is not just any Instant Pot cookbook. This keto cookbook has a ton recipes with BOTH Instant Pot directions AND slow cooker directions! I also started an Instagram account on my favorite Keto Instant Pot Recipes and giveaways called @KetoInstantPotRecipes!
If you do not have an Instant Pot yet, I have to tell you, I am not a gadget girl and I adore my slow cooker. I like the idea of filling my slow cooker the night before, place the shell in the fridge overnight and turning it on in the morning and allow the meal to cook while I am working or exploring nature all day. However, the Instant Pot was easy to fall in love with. It is also a slow cooker! And on days when I forget to plan ahead, I can make a delicious meal in minutes. Click HERE to find the Instant Pot I love.
- 12 ounces cream cheese (Kite Hill brand cream cheese style spread if dairy-free), softened
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener (see page 24)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or heavy cream if nut-free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
- 1 egg
- STRAWBERRY GANACHE:
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup salted butter
- 4 tablespoons Swerve confectioners
- ¼ teaspoon stevia glycerite (or a few drops strawberry stevia)
- Strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
- 6-inch springform pan
- Make a tinfoil hammock for the dish to sit on in the Instant Pot or slow cooker while baking. Take a 2½ feet by 2½ feet piece of foil and fold one edge up in 2 inch increments. Keep folding until you have a 2½ feet by 2 inch piece of foil. Set the foil hammock onto a steamer rack into the Instant Pot with the long edges hanging out. Use to lower the pan into the Instant Pot. This allows for easy lifting out of the Instant Pot.
- NOTE: Keep the foil hammock for future recipes where you want to lift out a dish or ramekins.
- Line the sides and the bottom of a 6 by 4 inch cheesecake pan with parchment paper for an easier removal.
- To make the Filling, in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sweetener, almond milk, vanilla, and salt until well blended. Add the egg, mixing on low speed. Combine until very smooth. Pour the batter into the pan. Fill the pan with filling. Gently tap the cheesecake pan against the counter to let the air bubbles rise to the surface.
- INSTANT POT: Place trivet in a 6 quart Instant Pot and add 1 cup cold water. Make a tinfoil hammock for the cheesecake to sit on in the Instant Pot. Seal and press Manual for 13 minutes, once finished press Natural Release. Gently open the lid. Be careful when removing the lid so condensation doesn’t drip all over the top. Use the foil hammock to lift the cheesecake out of the Instant Pot.
- SLOW COOKER: Add 1 cup cold water into a slow cooker. Place filled cheesecake pan into the slow cooker. Make sure the foil is tight enough around the pan so water doesn’t leak in. Place 3 large sheets of paper towel onto the cheesecake so condensation doesn’t leak onto the cheesecake. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Turn off slow cooker and leave cheesecake in the slow cooker 1 more hour.
- SERVE: Let the cheesecake cool completely in the pan before removing. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving. Once chilled, make the strawberry ganache by placing all of the ganache ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour over chilled cheesecake and garnish with strawberries halves around the bottom of the cheesecake.