TESTIMONY OF THE DAY
Click HERE to start your journey to a keto-adapted diet!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 1 pound cooked and peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- MIRACLE RICE for Serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow it to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, paprika, and chili powder to the onion and stir over low heat. Pour the tomatoes and coconut milk into the skillet; season with salt. Cook the mixture at a simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir the shrimp, fresh cilantro, and dried cilantro into the sauce mixture; cook another 1 minute before serving. Serve with Miracle Rice.
Maria, How much onion? It’s listed in the directions, but not in the list of ingredients.
Sorry, fixed it above. 🙂
Maria, I noticed you had white wine as optional… if I used it I know cooking the wine would cook out the alcohol but does it still give you some sugar in the dish then?
Yes, that is why it is optional. If you do use wine, use a dry wine instead of sweeter ones. 🙂
I made this. It’s delicious! I added the juice of one lemon, since we have so many on hand. It was a nice addition.
What is the nutritional information for the shrimp risotto itself? Thanks!
That is what is listed above as “Healthified Rice”.
Can I ask what brand of coconut milk you’re using? Before your reply above I added up all the carbs for the ingredients listed for the entire recipe, and divided by 4 per the amount this recipe serves and I’m getting 12 carbs per serving 🙁 I bought Native Forest Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk and there are 20g carbs in the can, and the can of chopped tomatoes has 21g carbs and 7g fiber. Is there something I’m completely missing? Thank you!
I updated the nutritional info with the new tools I have for calculating. This was an old recipe that I used an old tool for. Thanks! 🙂
Thank YOU for responding so quickly. This dish was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be making it again and again.